JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can buy online and have shipped to local FFL. You can purchase in Oregon, but they will transfer the rifle to WA FFL for delivery. Ironically, we CANNOT sell, gift or transfer a semi auto rifle to non residents (this includes citizens, dealers and manufacturers).

My FFL in Everett asked the King County Sheriffs Dept. if he could sell an "assault weapon" out of state and send to the buyers FFL and they said he could. I am not sure what to think about all of this. You would think the IDIOTS in Olympia would want all of the firearms that they deem EVIL to be sold out of state to get rid of them. Isn't interstate commerce a given to be legal to all of us and especially a business?

My FFL in Everett asked the King County Sheriffs Dept. if he could sell an "assault weapon" out of state and send to the buyers FFL and they said he could. I am not sure what to think about all of this. You would think the IDIOTS in Olympia would want all of the firearms that they deem EVIL to be sold out of state to get rid of them. Isn't interstate commerce a given to be legal to all of us and especially a business?
Scan_20190708 (2).jpg Scan_20190708 (2).jpg This is what I was given from the Snohomish County Sheriff the other day when I renewed my carry permit. It says nowhere that I cannot sell an assault weapon out of state. I am NOT contesting anyone as there is a lot to understand and most important to be struck down and corrected. My point is, if this is what they are handing out, this is what we should go by??? Scan_20190708.jpg

What burns me about this crap, I was buying a 10/22 on this site from another individual in Oregon, I couldn't get down to Portland quick enough in June and had a friend buy it for me after I sent them the money, I thought I'd pick it up before July 1st but my schedule changed and I won't be down that way until the end of July... Now I have to have them ship to FFL here in Wa and pay all the extra fees and such...
Any money saved just went out the window for a damn 22...:mad:

RCW 9.41.124
Purchasing of rifles and shotguns by nonresidents. (Effective July 1, 2019.)

Residents of a state other than Washington may purchase rifles and shotguns, except those firearms defined as semiautomatic assault rifles, in Washington: PROVIDED, That such residents conform to the applicable provisions of the federal Gun Control Act of 1968, Title IV, Pub. L. 90-351 as administered by the United States secretary of the treasury: AND PROVIDED FURTHER, That such residents are eligible to purchase or possess such weapons in Washington and in the state in which such persons reside: AND PROVIDED FURTHER, That such residents are subject to the procedures and background checks required by this chapter.

RCW 9.41.124

Residents of a state other than Washington may purchase rifles and shotguns, except those firearms defined as semiautomatic assault rifles, in Washington: PROVIDED, That such residents conform to the applicable provisions of the federal Gun Control Act of 1968, Title IV, Pub. L. 90-351 as administered by the United States secretary of the treasury: AND PROVIDED FURTHER, That such residents are eligible to purchase or possess such weapons in Washington and in the state in which such persons reside: AND PROVIDED FURTHER, That such residents are subject to the procedures and background checks required by this chapter.

I get it. What I was showing was what I received from the enforcers/sheriffs of the law. 99% of the people don't know about this. If the damn Sheriffs don't know, how will people find out and frankly how can it be enforced unless us honest people just KEEP FOLLOWING RIDICULOUS LAWS. It is unconscionable that this crap is held up in a court for 2 years while more and more ridiculous laws get crammed down our throats while we wait for an answer on #F1639.

I get it. What I was showing was what I received from the enforcers/sheriffs of the law. 99% of the people don't know about this. If the damn Sheriffs don't know, how will people find out and frankly how can it be enforced unless us honest people just KEEP FOLLOWING RIDICULOUS LAWS. It is unconscionable that this crap is held up in a court for 2 years while more and more ridiculous laws get crammed down our throats while we wait for an answer on #F1639.
We're schooling half the agencies we deal with on the new laws. #F1639

RCW 9.41.124

The language seems to say that a non-prohibited non-resident may purchase a rifle/shotgun from an ffl in WA and take possession. The language does not say that an assualt weapon can't be transferred to an out of state ffl dealer where the dealer would transfer to the purchaser. The language is not that clear but seems to deal with the right of a nonresident to purchase and take possession in WA which they always had, with the exception of taking possession of an assault rifle while in WA. I see WA dealers selling semi-autos on Gunbroker with no state restrictions. It's time for a letter from the state attorney generals office.

should make someone pulled over for a dui to spend a mandatory 2 weeks in jail for the first offence and a felony and lose their license.

mandatory insurance when you get your tabs and vehicle has to pass road worthiness

lets get them back

start the initiative

The language seems to say that a non-prohibited non-resident may purchase a rifle/shotgun from an ffl in WA and take possession. The language does not say that an assualt weapon can't be transferred to an out of state ffl dealer where the dealer would transfer to the purchaser. The language is not that clear but seems to deal with the right of a nonresident to purchase and take possession in WA which they always had, with the exception of taking possession of an assault rifle while in WA. I see WA dealers selling semi-autos on Gunbroker with no state restrictions. It's time for a letter from the state attorney generals office.

I read it the same way but not only dealers. I think anyone can sell a so called assault weapon on GB out of state.

I'm still wondering about interstate trustees and responsible persons. If a Semi-auto is bought in another state by someone who is a trustee, can it be added to the trust and then left in the care of other trustees in WA?

Just another " Do nothing" Law only meant to stack more upon the law abider. Not trying to be crass, but after serving Uncle Sam and being a tax payer for 32 years I'm fed up with how my fellow Citizens are treated.

I hear that. I actually felt sorry for my Washington friends the other day when I went into my local Bi-mart and saw a sign that said they would not sell to Washington residents, due to I1639.... All this could be happening to us right across the river. I'm hoping they do away with it, as there are many companies and organizations going to battle to get rid of it. Nows the time when we need to stick together, regardless of which state we live in...

Well, my 10 day clock starts today.
FFL says it won't be "up to", but held 10 days even if check comes back sooner for pistol. I'll see.
Glad it will be my last purchase until PSA MP5 comes out.

Unless I find that 454 Cassul lever action. Or AUG parts kit. Or...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top