JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would like to hear how purchases in WA went for semi-auto purchases after July 1st. What were the requirements for training certs. and any problems encountered. Were training records kept? That doesn't appear to be a requirement other than a Y/N answer on the form. What were the waiting periods? What fees were charged? Not looking for "I will not comply" or this is unconstitutional bs comments as today I1639 is law and we have to live by it. Hopefully that will change. Let us know how it went.

I've had a handful of people take my class and report success with using it at their FFL, but none of them said whether or not the FFL kept it on file. I spoke to some people at Cabela's a couple days ago, and they said they were only checking to see that the cert said that it met the minimum requirements, so... pretty lax in my view.

I just traded with a WA resident today, he wasn't able to take the gun home.
Not due to a delay or anything he did.
The store owner said it would take a day or 2.. buyer was not happy.... and he has his chl.
Ridiculous to say the least

I just traded with a WA resident today, he wasn't able to take the gun home.
Not due to a delay or anything he did.
The store owner said it would take a day or 2.. buyer was not happy.... and he has his chl.
Ridiculous to say the least
Agreed, I'll always dumbfounded when gun owners are surprised with what 1639 actually does.

Just another " Do nothing" Law only meant to stack more upon the law abider. Not trying to be crass, but after serving Uncle Sam and being a tax payer for 32 years I'm fed up with how my fellow Citizens are treated.
Yeah, well your fellow citizens ASKED FOR IT. Even among red counties, there were thousands who voted for this crap as well as I594.

I always cringe when I hear talk of putting something to "a vote of the people" ... it lets me know that I am screwed.
At least there is still some distraction and room for influence in the legislature. The "people" are ready, willing and able to vote away their fellow citizen's rights without a second thought.:mad:

I'm damn well sick and tired of my rights being put up in front of "the people" for a vote. Rights are not negotiable. It is not called the Bill of Permissions.

Our "fellow citizens" have sold us down the river of temporary safety and security to allow more tyranny in our lives.

I've felt for some time now that Americans don't really appreciate and support freedom.

Left or Right, the name of the game is that they absolutely support the freedom to do what they like, and want everything else banned. "I don't like that, it should be illegal" is common. That's not freedom.

Freedom is everyone's right to do whatever they want, no matter how much someone else might despise it unless or until it infringes on the rights of others.

Yeah, well your fellow citizens ASKED FOR IT. Even among red counties, there were thousands who voted for this crap as well as I594.

I always cringe when I hear talk of putting something to "a vote of the people" ... it lets me know that I am screwed.
At least there is still some distraction and room for influence in the legislature. The "people" are ready, willing and able to vote away their fellow citizen's rights without a second thought.:mad:

There should be a law that Washington citizen rights cannot be impaired through this type of manipulative Avenue.:mad:

Not sure what kind of feedback you are expecting. The law took effect on July 1st. The law mandates a 10 business day waiting period for handguns and semi-auto rifles. It's July 6th. No transfers can happen until July 12th at the earliest.

-7 days after the start of the stupid new laws.

What's the status at the shops? Is there a noticeable decline in sales?

Has anyone bought a lower? What's the wait?

Anyone been brave enough to buy a fully semi auto assault rifle, like a 10/22 or other such evil device? Do shops have the new procedures down or is there still confusion?

Any news?

I'm damn well sick and tired of my rights being put up in front of "the people" for a vote. Rights are not negotiable. It is not called the Bill of Permissions.

Our "fellow citizens" have sold us down the river of temporary safety and security to allow more tyranny in our lives.

My eye site is marginalized. When reading you post I thought it said
( OUR YELLOW CITIZENS HAVE SOLD US OUT )

I made sure I had plenty before but I too am curious to hear how this will go. Have not talked to any shops but I would lay money a LOT of people are coming in to buy. Hearing of this for the first time, then getting very angry. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

.....OR, this new law has made Washington sooooo safe that people who have never purchased guns before are flocking to shops in droves to buy their first guns! o_O

Probably not.

Buying a gun legally is a hassle...it was before this new law and it still is after this new law.
Meanwhile...
Charlie Crook....is still stealing things including guns..
Or
Tommy Thief "sells" a already stolen gun to Billy Burglar ...
( Hmm...I would bet that there was no required BGC done in this "transaction"...)

A law is only effective if people wish to abide by it...Criminals by their nature are not law abiding....so Gun Laws like our new one are useless in keeping guns out of the hands of criminals.
But ....
They do serve as a excellent way to keep guns out of the hands of legal US Citizens and also help create new criminals by , all those other folks who quietly non comply.
Andy

They do serve as a excellent way to keep guns out of the hands of legal US Citizens and also help create new criminals by , all those other folks who quietly non comply.
Andy

EXACTLY AS INTENDED!
I've watched the "gun control" show for 55 years. It was NEVER intended to reduce violence and it hasn't. But it DOES increase government power. That's why the continued pursuit of policies that are such demonstrable failures at their claimed purpose.

And why they must be thwarted.

Not sure what kind of feedback you are expecting. The law took effect on July 1st. The law mandates a 10 business day waiting period for handguns and semi-auto rifles. It's July 6th. No transfers can happen until July 12th at the earliest.

You still have to go thru the process before the 10 day wait starts. So lots of people have likely gone thru it already. After the 10 day wait it's as simple as walking in, the dealer handing it to you, and taking it home.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top