Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Possibly multiple shooters in Arizona - People mobilize but are held back

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by U201491, Sep 11, 2015.

1. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Nothing domestic about this in my opinion.

http://www.wnd.com/2015/09/highway-snipers-terrorize-arizona-drivers/?cat_orig=us

Highway snipers terrorize Arizona drivers
    'I am of the opinion ... we have multiple shooters'
    Published: 13 hours ago

Arizona drivers have been terrorized for two weeks with 11 shootings along on a Phoenix freeway.
    Authorities are offering a a $20,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the shooters responsible for injuring a 13 year old girl, narrowly missing a bus driver, and damaging multiple cars.

“I am of the opinion right now that we have multiple shooters just because the M.O.’s have changed,” Col. Frank Milstead, the state director of public safety, told NBC News Thursday. He refers to the Interstate 10 shootings as “domestic terrorism crimes.”

Local resident Robert McDonald told NBC a single round ripped through his bus and embedded into a seat behind him.

“If I would have moved my head, I would have got hit,” McDonald told NBC.

Like the reporting you see here? Sign up for free news alerts from WND.com, America’s independent news network.

Clint Van Zandt, a former FBI profiler and NBC analyst, said the suspects, who began shooting on Aug. 29, are in a “chess game with the authorities.”

One move the suspects and authorities may not have anticipated is the decision by locals to assemble into an armed “Bolt Force” to end the shootings. Police had to briefly detain the group’s organizer when someone called in a report of suspicious activity.

“We would prefer they let us handle this investigation,” the state Department of Public Safety said in a statement, Fox reported.

Sgt Nambu and Caveman Jim like this.
  2. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

Two weeks this has been going on and yesterday was the first I heard about it. MSM must not have thought this storyvworth covering until now

3. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Jesus.. Of course the FBI would shut it down.. All law enforcement drags bubblegum with stuff like this.. Its pure administrative bureaucracy.. Meanwhile this terrorist(s) have been lucky they HAVENT made contact with an unassuming victim.

The private sector is FAR more capable of getting things done than any organization tied to the government.

BrentN, Sgt Nambu, Slobray and 3 others like this.
  4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Elma, WA Well-Known Member

First heard of this on the news this morning, 9-11, and it's been going on two weeks? Were they waiting for a fatality to make it "news worthy"?

5. B5Ben

B5Ben Boise Well-Known Member

It's been in the AZ/SW regional news since it started. I have lots of ties there still and have been following it. It's pretty crappy because I-10 is a long corridor highway that is only really obstructed by surface street overpasses and highway signs. That can make for a target rich environment without anywhere for them to hide or run to. Plus with the shooter being so far, it's not like a CCW holder can return fire if fired upon since they won't know where it's coming from.

Chickenbubblegum bastards!

Caveman Jim and brokenarrow like this.
  6. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

I think of all the CHP's issued since 9/11. Fear has opened many peoples eyes.
    And you can bet there are many more good guys with there guns out on the streets.

Also opinions on guns and carry have become more cavalier. People see there value. And don't freak like they use to.

I see a time in the not too distant future. Where people out walking around with there AR's will be common place. Things will get that bad! And that good.

We are waking up!

7. U201491

I think at this point that would be a good way to die by LE mistaken identity.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  8. lucifermonkey

lucifermonkey Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Same thing was happening around Los Angeles a few years back.
    Wonder if the same group is involved here?

9. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

Today I think your right.
    But maybe some day in the not to distant future?

We will see.

It's gona be hard to shoot down a group of ten men with AR's. o_O

10. U201491

My bet is its connected with the camps just across the border.

11. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I don't think so. I'm guessing that they were waiting for armed civilians to become engaged so they can write about the "crazy gun nuts coming out of the woodwork!"

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  12. U201491

That is one of the methods the isis/alQuaida scumbags were planning along with setting fires all over

13. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

If the cops try there is going to be another ammo shortage.

v0lcom13sn0w, Medic! and albin25 like this.
  14. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

They arrested some guy.
    Said he was bragging to his friends about it, but they are waiting for search warrants for his house and car.

15. clearconscience

16. clearconscience

Reminds me of the DC sniper, but this guy just looks like a mental defective dueshebag

17. donaldc

donaldc Seattle Active Member

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/19/phoenix-freeway-shooter-in-custody-arizona-governor-announces
    If this guy, Leslie Allen Merritt Jr., really is the shooter he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent possible. But, something doesn't feel right about this guy. Witnesses to the arrest said he seemed "surprised", he has a family to take care of, he works as a landscaper, he pawned the gun which was then forensically linked to the shootings.

Criminals are really dumb, but most are not stupid enough to go to a FFL and try to pawn it. My understanding is they usually "toss" hot guns.

This is pure speculation but it almost sounds like he was working one day (as a landscaper) and found the gun in some bushes or something. Knowing it's value, he took it home and after some thought, decided to pawn it for some extra money.

18. BEN LILLY

BEN LILLY Lincoln City, OR NRA LIFE MEMBER Bronze Supporter

3 teens arrested who thought doing a copycat crime would be fun.

19. clearconscience

I think more info will come out. This may not fit the mold, but we'll find out more later.
    Crazy people come in all shapes and sizes.
    Some people are just plain stupid