JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody have a small bag or box they take with them shooting that has gear/tools to work on guns that go down at the range.

I guess the "possibles bag" comes from black powder shooting where you have all the tools/parts for anything that could "possibly happen" if your smoke pole goes down, in a bag.

So, I'm thinking of getting one of these little $10 plastic tool boxes and outfitting it with tools and such I might need if a gun goes down at the range. Don't want to be lugging around a big ole tool box, just a little something for quick range fixes and such.

Anybody got one?

What all would you put in it?

Anybody have a small bag or box they take with them shooting that has gear/tools to work on guns that go down at the range.

I guess the "possibles bag" comes from black powder shooting where you have all the tools/parts for anything that could "possibly happen" if your smoke pole goes down, in a bag.

So, I'm thinking of getting one of these little $10 plastic tool boxes and outfitting it with tools and such I might need if a gun goes down at the range. Don't want to be lugging around a big ole tool box, just a little something for quick range fixes and such.

Anybody got one?

What all would you put in it?

Yup, I have a full size 5.11 range bag that goes with me from stage to stage at IDPA and USPSA matches. In my car, I have another full size duffle with stuff I don't necessary need quick access to, but I may need at the range.

I use plastic Plano boxes that I also use for Fishing to store all of my spare parts. In there I have spare extractors, ejectors, firing pins, extra pins, fiber optic (for my front sight). And everything I use to work on my guns, all goes with me as well. Extra towels, extra magazines, and magazine parts (followers, springs) extra springs, I even have a whole extra gun, holster, mag pouches if not for me, for my friends should anything happen with their gear. And of course extra ammo, extra magazines. Everything I have in my primary bag, has a back up.

Extra T shirt and sox and a heavy jacket. Skully cap, brimmed hat, rain pants, rain boots. Aspirin, Ibuprophen, water, breakfast bars. Bandages,etc.

I'm from the NW, I pretty much prepare for anything and everything. And there are certain things i've learned the hard way that can make or break a good match.

backup001.jpg

My back up bag and it's contents...

backupbag01.jpg

primary range bag...

511idparig01.jpg

I use 2 super cheap fishing tackle boxes (pretty much the same as a tool box, but adding the word "tool" to the name seems to add $$ to the price, so.....). 1 to store/transport all my cleaning supplies/gear, and one with some gunsmiths screwdrivers, dowel for unsticking squibs if needed, various parts, etc. Works well, and is pretty cheap if you get them from some place like Walmart, Kmart, Bimart, etc.

Is it possible to have too many mags? Sore fingers....... Hmmm I'm thinking about one of them reloader thingys. I think I reload too fast, my press gets warm after I use it awhile.

I use a medium size travel bag that has both a hand strap and a shoulder strap. It has one main pouch I keep my spotting scope in along with my guns, targets and ammo. It has five smaller sections that I keep ear protection, gloves for moving steel targets, eye protection, elbow pads for prone shooting. A staple gun to put up targets and a thousand extra staples. Gun screwdriver kit and allen wrench set. A small cleaning kit and a bottle of water for the old guy to drink.

jj

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads