JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My local gun shop posted this today. I have no knowledge of it beyond that, but it sounds like Obama.

I got this from a source in the Gun industry that has close connections to Washington & our President! This is a copy of one proposal being reviewed by Congress that our president would like to push upon us!

Assault Weapons Bill Enacted Into Law.

Acting with uncharacteristic haste, congress working to pass President Obama’s comprehensive assault weapons control bill without debate. Key provisions of the act are:

A) Creates a new federal Assault Weapons Control Commission (AWCC).

B) An assault weapon is defined as any semi-automatic weapon having any one of the following characteristics:

Any rifle with barrel length shorter than 22 inches. Any rifle capable of accepting magazines with a capacity in excess of 5 rounds. Any rifle with a pistol grip stock. Any rifle with a black polymer or synthetic stock. Any rifle with a flash hider or other muzzle device. Any rifle capable of being fitted with a bayonet.

C) Assault weapons are classified as “any other weapon” under the NFA. D) The manufacture, importation, sale or transfer of any assault weapon is prohibited. E) The manufacture, importation, sale or transfer of any magazine with a capacity in excess of 5 rounds is prohibited. F) Any assault weapon presently in individual possession is to be registered with the AWCC. The owner of any assault weapon must apply for an AWCC tax stamp for each such weapon and pay a one-time $200 per weapon tax. G) As transfer of assault weapons is prohibited, an individual wishing to dispose of such a weapon must surrender it to the AWCC for destruction. H) Any assault weapon must be stored in a safe or vault approved by the AWCC. AWCC personnel will inspect and certify all storage systems. There will be a one-time $250 fee for this service. I) Violation of any provision of this act is a federal felony punishable by a fine of up to $100,000 and/or up to 5 years imprisonment. J) As this act shall be “revenue neutral” the following additional revenue provisions are enacted: Each assault weapon is subject to an annual danger tax of $250. Assault weapons are to be listed on the owner’s federal income tax return. A 100 percent federal excise tax is levied on all firearms, parts and accessories, ammunition, ammunition components, and hunting licenses.

As the Assault Weapons Bill carried the emergency provision, it becomes law immediately upon signature by the President. The signing ceremony is scheduled for December 31st at the White House.

"As the Assault Weapons Bill carried the emergency provision, it becomes law immediately upon signature by the President. The signing ceremony is scheduled for December 31st at the White House."

Isn't the President on vacation in Hawaii through the New Year?

Speculation
Speculation is the practice of engaging in risky financial transactions in an attempt to profit from short or medium term fluctuations in the market value of a tradable good such as a financial instrument, rather than attempting to profit from the underlying financial attributes embodied in the instrument such as capital gains, interest, or dividends. Many speculators pay little attention to the fundamental value of a security and instead focus purely on price movements. Speculation can in principle involve any tradable good or financial instrument. Speculators are particularly common in the markets for stocks, bonds, commodity futures, currencies, fine art, collectibles, real estate, and derivatives.

Maybe, but with the fee schedule, I'm doubting that would be much of a selling point. Plus, they only have 3 ar's left in the building.

This is the kind of thing i would expect out of obama. Tax them so you can't afford them.

My local gun shop posted this today. I have no knowledge of it beyond that, but it sounds like Obama.

I got this from a source in the Gun industry that has close connections to Washington & our President! This is a copy of one proposal being reviewed by Congress that our president would like to push upon us!

Assault Weapons Bill Enacted Into Law.

Acting with uncharacteristic haste, congress working to pass President Obama’s comprehensive assault weapons control bill without debate. Key provisions of the act are:

A) Creates a new federal Assault Weapons Control Commission (AWCC).

B) An assault weapon is defined as any semi-automatic weapon having any one of the following characteristics:

Any rifle with barrel length shorter than 22 inches. Any rifle capable of accepting magazines with a capacity in excess of 5 rounds. Any rifle with a pistol grip stock. Any rifle with a black polymer or synthetic stock. Any rifle with a flash hider or other muzzle device. Any rifle capable of being fitted with a bayonet.

C) Assault weapons are classified as “any other weapon” under the NFA. D) The manufacture, importation, sale or transfer of any assault weapon is prohibited. E) The manufacture, importation, sale or transfer of any magazine with a capacity in excess of 5 rounds is prohibited. F) Any assault weapon presently in individual possession is to be registered with the AWCC. The owner of any assault weapon must apply for an AWCC tax stamp for each such weapon and pay a one-time $200 per weapon tax. G) As transfer of assault weapons is prohibited, an individual wishing to dispose of such a weapon must surrender it to the AWCC for destruction. H) Any assault weapon must be stored in a safe or vault approved by the AWCC. AWCC personnel will inspect and certify all storage systems. There will be a one-time $250 fee for this service. I) Violation of any provision of this act is a federal felony punishable by a fine of up to $100,000 and/or up to 5 years imprisonment. J) As this act shall be “revenue neutral” the following additional revenue provisions are enacted: Each assault weapon is subject to an annual danger tax of $250. Assault weapons are to be listed on the owner’s federal income tax return. A 100 percent federal excise tax is levied on all firearms, parts and accessories, ammunition, ammunition components, and hunting licenses.

As the Assault Weapons Bill carried the emergency provision, it becomes law immediately upon signature by the President. The signing ceremony is scheduled for December 31st at the White House.

Is there a House or Senate bill I can look at ? :) Never heard of Congress passing laws without them being introduced, voted upon, pushed through committees and both houses. I also don't recognize Obama to have Harry Potter's abilities for it to be different this time.

For gods sake, i just saw something that looked to me like a possible model. The guys at the shop seem decent, so i thought i would pass it along just in case. I didn't say this is what's happening. I won't make the mistake again.

For gods sake, i just saw something that looked to me like a possible model. The guys at the shop seem decent, so i thought i would pass it along just in case. I didn't say this is what's happening. I won't make the mistake again.

I'm not accusing you of anything. I am just pointing out the obvious: we have a lot of paranoia going on right now. Just look at how many end of the world threads we've been having. It is important to stop, think, act. And by acting I mean opening another beer and getting some popcorn, as that's the only appropriate action at this time :D

There will be lots of speculation on both sides. the gun activists are still in the business of selling guns.
There will be lots of stories that go around

I googled this and only found a few hits and all on facebook accounts. It would be hard to imagine this would actually happen. More realistically, it will be prospective restrictions on mags, gun features, online ammo sales, etc. California politicians are leading the charge. I would look at what California is doing. That is mag limits, restrictions on detachable magazines (meaning they have to be fixed), online ammo sales, ammo sales registration, etc. The newest round of CA laws wanted to make it illegal to currently own an assault rifle and that failed. I think I read a news article where Feinstein said she is going for prospective changes and not retroactive changes. Probably because that is more likely to pass. However, if you cannot transfer a rifle at death, in 1 generation there are no more evil rifles. But then again, who knows what will happen. Man, people are so upset they would ban air if the talking heads on TV told them to.

Thanks for sharing Karma. While the plan you saw is probably not real in my opinion, you were just reporting what you heard/saw. I figure the more info the better.

I hope they try to push this one. Half the democrats in congress (see blue dog or blue steel democrats) would laugh at this one, much less the republicans. I can see a more moderate bill getting consideration, but nothing this extreme...

Thanks for sharing Karma. While the plan you saw is probably not real in my opinion, you were just reporting what you heard/saw. I figure the more info the better.

The more speculation is out there, there more there will be paranoia and panic. People should filter out noise before passing information.l

So, let's look at what we do know from what a key banner is telling us.

Here is the official statement from Feinstein:

Feinstein to Introduce Updated Assault Weapons Bill in New Congress - Press Releases - News Room - United States Senator Dianne Feinstein

Here is a video interview where she spells out her plan:

Senator Feinstein on assault weapons legislation - YouTube

She says in summary:

• Ban sale, manufacture, importation and transfer of "assault weapons"
  • Ban magazines greater than 10 rounds
  • Grandfather existing weapons sujbect to licensing or to trigger lock (storage requirements)
  • Spell out grandfathered weapons - I think she wants to spell out 900 weapons used for sporting and hunging and ban 100 or so by name.

So, the trigger lock part does sound like what Kharma saw. Not exactly.

Anyways, in the spirit of discusssion, I thought I would share was we DO know from Feinstein who is trying to lead the charge, led the charge last time and leads CA against "assault weapons."

So, let's look at what we do know from what a key banner is telling us.

Here is the official statement from Feinstein:

Feinstein to Introduce Updated Assault Weapons Bill in New Congress - Press Releases - News Room - United States Senator Dianne Feinstein

Here is a video interview where she spells out her plan:

Senator Feinstein on assault weapons legislation - YouTube

She says in summary:

• Ban sale, manufacture, importation and transfer of "assault weapons"
  • Ban magazines greater than 10 rounds
    [*]Grandfather existing weapons sujbect to licensing or to trigger lock (storage requirements)
  • Spell out grandfathered weapons - I think she wants to spell out 900 weapons used for sporting and hunging and ban 100 or so by name.

So, the trigger lock part does sound like what Kharma saw. Not exactly.

Anyways, in the spirit of discusssion, I thought I would share was we DO know from Feinstein who is trying to lead the charge, led the charge last time and leads CA against "assault weapons."

That's where it gets interesting. Supreme Court in Heller ruled that you have a right to an operational and available firearm. Trigger locks, disassembly, or other means of "secure storage" will contradict this concept.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top