JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Considering my first AR build and I am a little 'green' when it comes to 'modern' ARs.
My experience ended with my own Colt AR 15 A1 Sporter and some of the first A2s when I was in the Army.

While Inexperienced with ARs in general I am very capable (mechanically) of a build/assembly and nearly anything that comes with it so no issues there.

I would like some 'basic' information such as a good lower Idea, uppers as well and some basic hints.
So as to keep this simple I'll lay out what I 'Think' I want to do and configuration.

I want the lower to be a 'dedicated' 9mm lower to use Glock mags probably for availability, economy and function. Also I will go with conventional 'loose' lower internals as opposed to these 'drop in' assemblies I am looking at.

Probably stick with 16" barrel but 18 would be preferred - and an HB if one is available in 9mm.

I want a provision to mount a sight on the front of the barrel - preferably something with a dovetail to mount a 'conventional' type sight - which will probably be a Lyman globe.

A simple upper assembly with a rail. I was originally thinking an original carry handle style but a rail is the most practical and I have a receiver sight in mind that I really like and they mount on a rail.

Function to be a basic gas operation.

Ok - so some basic STARTUP info would be appreciated. Good lower options, upper ideas, front sight mounts etc.
Simplicity is the goal - not economy.

Your front sight will most likely be mounted to your hand guard/rail not the barrel, unless you go with an A2 type barrel mounted type front sight post.

In 9mm it will be a blow back type action not an impingement type with a gas tube.

Quarter circle 10 is a good place to start for dedicated glock magazine AR lowers.

Most of the 9mm AR barrels out there are 16" and less, but you should be able to find an 18" if that is what you want.

Most of the blow back 9mm AR type guns are pretty good, but most will be unreliable if you put a light trigger in them. The Sig Sauer MPX is great with it's short stroke gas piston operation. The HK MP5 variants and clones are incredibly smooth with their delay roller lock systems. The CZ scorpions were just to jumpy for my taste.

Check out Odin Works....

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads