JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The sheriff of your county is the senior law enforcement officer. He has the authority to deputize as many citizens as he believes that he needs, under the Posse Comitatus act. Many of the Sheriff's Posse and reserve deputies are commissioned under this act.
If things got to the point where the sheriff needed the help and put out the call, would you have the equipment to respond and would you be willing to follow the orders that you were given? As an interesting aside, the only person that can arrest the sheriff is the county coroner!

How would you equip yourself should the call ever come?
Me? Personally similar to this if not identically; my personal body armor rig with ammo pouches and hydro pack for 5.56 and 9mm. Probably would add utility pockets if required and IFAK on belt with pistol. Can't speak for @sobo Though :s0092: 20200802_174841.jpg

Can't speak for @sobo Though :s0092:
sobo sez...

Sidearm: SIG P320 in .40 S&W with a dozen 13-rd magazines of Speer Gold Dot 185-gr short-barrel JHP
Long arm: any one of my nine AR-15 platform rifles, most likely the Windham HBC w/RDS (or mebbe an AR pistol). Full combat load of 5.56 FMJ in 30-rd mags
Armour: Level IV hard plates w/carrier, MICH Level IIIA ballistic helmet
Ancillary: high-impact goggles and shooting glasses, ProEars Stealth Elite ear pro, tactical gloves, Tru-Spec cargo pants, Converse/Reebok desert duty boots, first aid/trauma kit, FRS comms (I don't have my HAM license yet, but I'm workin' on it), hydration bladder, beer nuts... :D

Could be either of these two ARs, and this pistol:
Windham Weaponry AR-15.01.jpg

PSA AR-15 Trunk Monkey.01.jpg

SIG Sauer P320 with light.jpg

Last Edited:
sobo sez...
Sidearm: SIG P320 in .40 S&W with multiple 13-rd magazines of Speer Gold Dot 185-gr short-barrel JHP
Long arm: any one of my nine AR-15 platform rifles (would leave the AR pistols at home, but I keep one in the vehicle). Full combat load of 5.56 FMJ in 30-rd magazines
Armour: Level IV hard plates w/carrier, MICH Level IIIA ballistic helmet
I think those choices would be excellent. I've read (in different places) that the thugs in downtown Portland figure that if they armed themselves they could overwhelm local law enforcement and then go on to inflict some real damage. There are a lot of tough talkers on the inter web, but when the going gets tough only the tough get going. I figured that even at my advanced age, I'd be able to equip myself and help local law enforcement, if called upon to do so. I have absolutely no desire to harm anyone, but I also won't stand around and wish someone would help me either.

If I finish my 6.5 Grendel AR pistol, then probably run that as primary and my 9mm as secondary. If I receive the 2nd BAO 4401SH plate before being called up, then a custom Level 4 PC setup, but as is, the Level 3 Special Threat ICW the 3a soft armor as seen above.

Last Edited:
I do have a FA/trauma kit. I guess I should throw that under the "Ancillary" heading...

I s'pose I could stuff my Stoeger in a scabbard on my backpack.
For close encounters, ya know...
Stoeger coach gun.jpg

At my age I highly doubt the guy here would ask me to help kicking in doors or such but, if he wanted help? Hell yes I would help. He could easily use me in places where the younger LEO's could be better used in more "front line" kind of stuff.

At my age I highly doubt the guy here would ask me to help kicking in doors or such but, if he wanted help? Hell yes I would help. He could easily use me in places where the younger LEO's could be better used in more "front line" kind of stuff.
Same here. I'm 60, but a young and pretty feisty 60 if I do say so myself. And with my recent cortisone shot in my knee, I feel like a spring chicken now!
I'll get the permanent fix with my arthroscopic surgery come this winter! :)

At my size:eek::oops: considering my deafness, its high likely I wouldn't be up at the front unless they want a fleshy wrecking ball :eek::oops::confused: most likely I would be involved in logistics/support, maybe hauling gear/ammo to the staging areas?
And here all this time I thought it was Mrs. Camo that was deaf. Ya got me! :)

I've seen pics of you on here wearing ear pro... not 100% deaf, then? o_O

So sorry to hear about Baby Jennica's hearing, man... :(

I've see pics of you on here wearing ear pro... not 100% deaf, then? o_O
My hearing threshhold is only 90-100 decibels. What that means is.. noise louder than that, I can start hearing, however, I can suffer further hearing loss/damage from excessively loud noises such as unmuffled engines, gunfire, artillery, concert speakers. A 16" AR15 firing a M193 round unsuppressed is around 167 decibels, depending on factors such as environment and location of observer or mics. Ear pro is rather important for me to keep what little hearing I have.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top