JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
https://www.yahoo.com/news/others-march-teens-shoot-targets-013605594.html

This is a story about a 4H sponsored target shooting contest held the same day as the March to Limit Rights. The writer's bias creeps in of course, as well as her ignorance, but the kids gave her great answers. Also interesting is that this story showed up on my phone about two hours ago, but now when I got home and went to Yahoo's news feed, it just isn't there -- I had to resort to searching to find it. Clearly, the powers that be don't want people to learn there are positive effects that come with target shooting:

"Shooting has taught me how to focus better," said Josh Drexler, also 16, a teammate of Cook's from Barstow County. "I've learned patience and follow-through and teamwork and how to be a mentor to younger kids."

As for the writer's firearm ignorance, behold:

There are gun programs in 110 of the 159 counties in the state, he says, a ladder that introduces fourth through sixth graders to BB guns, seventh through ninth graders to air rifles and high school students to .22s, which are intended for hunting but can be adapted to shoot as semiautomatics.

Who sells the kit to convert my CZ 455 Ultra Lux to semi-auto? LOL

What a lot of antis and 'mom's against everything' do not understand is those young adults who participate in 4H, BSA, and other local competition associations and do well in the ratings, can and do get full collegiate scholarships to great schools, thus saving themselves or their caregivers the financial burden for a better life.

Juniors are supported by local clubs in Highpower Rifle competition. Free loaner rifles and
free ammo here in Oregon. Not uncommon to see 14 year old girls shooting AR-15s in
competition.:D;):p
Kylie.jpg

There's an Article in the "Trib" this morning that talks about a picture of one of the students that was a major player in the protest. It is supposed to show her tearing up the Constitution. Turns out it was a "Photoshop" image. I will have to wonder how many people got suckered into believing that one. TOO many, I'm sure.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top