JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With all the commenting on the websites that published articles on the recall efforts I've noticed the "anti self defense" crowd throwing all kinda of phony statistics and garbage out there. One of their main tactics is to repeat lies over and over again all over social media and local news until everyone that's on the fence or who doesn't personally own or deal with firearms regularly thinks guns are more dangerous than useful, we need to really shine a good light on the concept of owning and carrying a firearm for personal protection. One statistic I keep hearing is that your more likely to get killed with your own gun if you have it in the house with you, which is total bullcrap and meant to put fear into the layman. Anyways I found one good example of a shop owner in L.A. That wouldn't be alive today if he hadn't kept a .38 special at his counter.

I think it is smart to dig up examples like this and post them in the comment areas where the discussions are being had, to change the atmosphere, make their ignorance show. If you find good statistics and stuff maybe link or paste it here for all to copy and use. If someone could digg up some key stuff from John Lott's work that'd be great.

I think it's great to post examples like this; I've done it myself, usually with a comment like, "So...according to your thinking, this elderly man/woman/child (who saved themselves or another with a firearm) should not be alive today?o_Oo_O
'course, we must keep in mind that their minds don't think like ours, and logic is a vapor....:rolleyes:

gunssavelives.com is a great resource against the anti's...just realize when you start debunking their myths ("automatic" versus "semi-automatic") and stats ("Homicide" versus "Murder") you're going to be called a racist (no idea why). I've been on the aggressive side against the anti's for a while...from Twitter, to Facebook to just plain arguing with legislators and protestors.

What the anti's will do is spit out crap they've heard on CNN/MSNBC...they dehumanize firearms and think only the police/military should have them (and even then in a limited capacity). They compare the UK with the US (an island with not even half the population) and think shooting someone in the leg is a sound tactic.

The main thing when it comes to talking about firearms is to keep on point. Avoid using the terms "weapons" and instead refer to them as "tools".

Last Edited:
This link below was one of the earliest school shootings, from 1997. The assistant principal grabbed a Colt M1911A1 .45acp from his truck and held the murderous kid at gunpoint until the police arrived, stopping the death toll at 2.
A high majority of the instances where having a firearm saves lives goes unreported because the high majority of instances the mere presentation a firearm stops the crime without even firing a shot, this typically goes unreported, justified homicides are where most defensive firearm statistics are derived.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_High_School_shooting

This is a great documentary on the savagery people have gone through in the past after their right to self defense was taken from them by their government.

Keep up the good fight everybody.

Here's Glock's new G43 commercial. It's great, I wish other firearms manufacturers would get more coverage like this, firearms are a household item, PPE, personal protective equipment like safety gloves or a first aid kit, fire extinguisher etc...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top