JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What: Town Hall Meeting with Senator Ginny Budrick and Represnative Jennifer Williamson
Where: PSU, Smith Memorial Student Union Room 238 (Browing Lounge). 1825 SW Broadway, Portland OR
When: March 4, 7:00 to 8:00 PM

Show up and voice your concern about HB 3200. It'd be great to get a large number or respectful constituents there. Would have loved to have been at the East side one this weekend, but I didn't see the post early enough...so I figured I'd put this out there a bit earlier :)

Good luck!

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/events/ginny-burdick-town-hall

What: Town Hall Meeting with Senator Ginny Budrick and Represnative Jennifer Williamson
Where: PSU, Smith Memorial Student Union Room 238 (Browing Lounge). 1825 SW Broadway, Portland OR
When: March 4, 7:00 to 8:00 PM

Show up and voice your concern about HB 3200. It'd be great to get a large number or respectful constituents there. Would have loved to have been at the East side one this weekend, but I didn't see the post early enough...so I figured I'd put this out there a bit earlier :)

Good luck!

Ginny Burdick Town Hall - Oregon Firearms Federation

Surprised she'll show her face while endorsing such a nutty idea

Be aware that you will be ejected from the campus for concealed carrying after their court defying policy change last year. They can have you arrested for trespassing if you refuse to leave. Not saying don't carry, only, don't get arrested.

Ginny is under the delusion that people actually want what she's pushing!

Ms. Williamson, on the other hand, should be easily convincible to realize how dumb this bill is.

REMEMBER! Do not be impolite, do not yell, do not make her dismiss you out of hand as a "raving gun nut"!

Ginny Burdick is unfortunately our Oregon version of Diane Fineswine!....she has been stacking this legislation up in advance of a "tragedy" just waiting to dump it in and hope she can get her "liberal agenda" passed. She wants to confiscate all firearms from all private citizens. She is totally out of touch with reality. I am not usually a "town hall" type of guy but I am sick of the "libtards" agenda and it's time to stand up and tell them go "foxtrot oscar"!!!........I will do everything in my power to be there and support our Second Amendment rights. I am not a speaker so somebody else will have to step up and make a statement but my enthusiasm for a positive speech knows no bounds....PLEASE JOIN ME?!!!!!!!

Also one in April:

Dear friends and neighbors:

As your State Senator, I value your opinions about the critical issues facing our state. To give us a better chance to discuss the work we're doing in Salem, I will be hosting town halls in March and April with my House colleagues. We hope you will join us and share your thoughts on the Legislative Session and the issues Oregonians are facing in these difficult economic times.

Portland Town Hall

What: Town Hall meeting with Senator Ginny Burdick and Representative Jennifer Williamson.

Where: Portland State University, Smith Memorial Student Union Room 238 (Browsing Lounge). 1825 SW Broadway, Portland, OR

When: March 4, 7:00 to 8:00 p.m.

Tigard Town Hall

What: Town Hall meeting with Senator Ginny Burdick and Representative Margaret Doherty

Where: City of Tigard Council Chambers, 13125 SW Hall Blvd, Tigard, OR 97223

When: April 4, 7:00 to 8:00 p.m.

I look forward to seeing you at one or both of these events.

Sincerely,

Ginny

Be aware that you will be ejected from the campus for concealed carrying after their court defying policy change last year. They can have you arrested for trespassing if you refuse to leave. Not saying don't carry, only, don't get arrested.

Actually, the Oregon Court of Appeals was quite clear that a university may only prohibit licensed concealed carry to individuals who are there via an agreement with the university. So it covers university employees, students, and people who are attending ticketed events (school sports games, plays, lectures, etc.) It specifically does *NOT* cover non-university-agreement events such as this.

See <broken link removed>, specifically section (A)(4): (emphasis mine)
Any person attending an event, including but not limited to athletic event, performances, lectures or speeches, which require a ticket for admission.

This is not a university ticketed event. This is a public event, in a public building, involving public officials. I plan to concealed carry. Should they attempt to frisk me at the door, I will present my CHL, and a copy of the OUS Firearm Policy, and the Oregon Court of Appeals' decision on CHL on university property. The Eugene Register-Guard also <broken link removed> (yup, emphasis mine:)
The new gun policy applies to campus buildings but not grounds and wouldn't apply to visitors who don't have a business relationship with a university, haven't purchased a ticket to an event or aren't visiting a campus building.

In fact, it is backed up by the OUS' own memo (again, emphasis mine:)
The policy, which became effective on March 2, 2012, prohibits the possession of firearms on university-owned or &#8211;controlled property by students; employees; contractors and vendors (and their employees and agents); any person attending a ticketed event; and any person leasing, renting or reserving university-owned or &#8211;controlled property. This prohibition applies to all individuals, including those with a concealed handgun license.

If it is not a ticketed event, and you are not a student, employee, contractor, vendor, and you personally are not leasing/renting/reserving university property, you're good. So, ironically, it means that Ginny Burdick can't bring a gun (she reserved the property presumably,) but we can.

I'm normally one of the first to say "if you're not willing to be the legal test case, don't break the rule." I say there is no rule against concealed carry by a CHL holder, and in this case, I am willing to be the test case. (I won't push it of course - I won't announce I'm concealed-carrying - I don't want to ask for trouble.)

Standard disclaimer: All of this is based on my not-a-lawyer reading of the various laws, policies, court rulings, etc. In the end, what really matters is what the police decide to do on the spot, what the prosecutor decides to charge, what the judge decides to allow, and what the jury decides in verdict - in that order. If you're not willing to go through all four layers, don't test it!

Excellent! They are my state senator and rep (lucky me), so I'll make it a point to attend.

If you're going:

Be respectful. Don't yell. Don't call them (or any other political opponents) names. Use facts. Counter emotional appeals with logic and reasoning. Stay on topic.

Oh, for Petes sake. The last thing we need at this event is a "right to carry" incident. Can we all save this for later after we've won this battle, and NOT give Cease Fire Oregon another excuse to try overturn the 2nd and 4th Amendments in Oregon?

Please... just go to this event. Be polite. Dress well. Bring your kids. And don't carry a gun onto a campus where there's a "no guns" sign posted.

Actually, the Oregon Court of Appeals was quite clear that a university may only prohibit licensed concealed carry to individuals who are there via an agreement with the university. So it covers university employees, students, and people who are attending ticketed events (school sports games, plays, lectures, etc.) It specifically does *NOT* cover non-university-agreement events such as this.

This is not a university ticketed event. This is a public event, in a public building, involving public officials. I plan to concealed carry. Should they attempt to frisk me at the door, I will present my CHL, and a copy of the OUS Firearm Policy, and the Oregon Court of Appeals' decision on CHL on university property. The Eugene Register-Guard also <broken link removed> (yup, emphasis mine:)

If it is not a ticketed event, and you are not a student, employee, contractor, vendor, and you personally are not leasing/renting/reserving university property, you're good. So, ironically, it means that Ginny Burdick can't bring a gun (she reserved the property presumably,) but we can.

I'm normally one of the first to say "if you're not willing to be the legal test case, don't break the rule." I say there is no rule against concealed carry by a CHL holder, and in this case, I am willing to be the test case. (I won't push it of course - I won't announce I'm concealed-carrying - I don't want to ask for trouble.)

Standard disclaimer: All of this is based on my not-a-lawyer reading of the various laws, policies, court rulings, etc. In the end, what really matters is what the police decide to do on the spot, what the prosecutor decides to charge, what the judge decides to allow, and what the jury decides in verdict - in that order. If you're not willing to go through all four layers, don't test it!

Nice work Charon! Thanks for pointing that out to me. I'm not a PDX resident, I live out in Hillsboro but, I will try to make this. Perhaps we can BS a little.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top