JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last winter I went to a Winterhawks game for the first time in many hears. I was shocked to see the metal detectors and wands. Had to hoof it 10 minutes back to the car then another 10 back to the entry. Kind of annoying... but I guess I don't mind being a stadium full of people if none of them are armed. I had my concealed permit on me (of course, I always do) but didn't feel like going through a hassle if there were one.

What I didn't like was roaming the streets of Portland unarmed after the game. Even though I grew up in the metropolitan area (Gladstone) I am not comfortable being unarmed in down town Portland.

Last winter I went to a Winterhawks game for the first time in many hears. I was shocked to see the metal detectors and wands. Had to hoof it 10 minutes back to the car then another 10 back to the entry. Kind of annoying... but I guess I don't mind being a stadium full of people if none of them are armed. I had my concealed permit on me (of course, I always do) but didn't feel like going through a hassle if there were one.

What I didn't like was roaming the streets of Portland unarmed after the game. Even though I grew up in the metropolitan area (Gladstone) I am not comfortable being unarmed in down town Portland.

Sure you feel safe inside, but what about all those guys outside with guns? They know you aint got one!

- Chris Rock

It has been a very long time since I've been there, so have no idea on the metal detectors.

Their polices can be read here. While they have a rule against weapons, the parenthetical statement cites ORS 166.173(2)9c, which exempts CHL holders from said.

Cheers.

The Washington Park Zoo as I refer to it or the Oregon Zoo as its called now, had a large turnstyle but now its an open gate after the pay booths with no metal detectors.

I went to an event at the Veterans Coliseum recently. To my surprise they had a wand station at the only open entrance. I had my 45 on a Versacarry IWB and tucked deep. I get up and they wand all of my pockets, made me show them my keys and wallet. Then they made me put my arms out and proceeded to wand me some more. He gets the wand right over the 45 and nothing. He says good to go and enjoy my event.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top