JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If he didn't have a CPL, Multnomah County and Portland both have laws regarding loaded magazines in public.
This made me wonder whether Oregon still had state preemption. It does, as far as I know. But the state laws allow counties and cities to regulate carrying of guns by people without CHPs in public places, and defines vehicles as public places.

I couldn't tell whether the katana was rubber. But at one point katana boy had left hand around sword blade. If he normally did that he would badly cut that hand. That is, katana boy was handling katana as if it had no cutting blade. And his entire approach seems to be posturing meant to intimidate and force the bigger guy to retreat rather than to use the katana effectively. He closes in so close that bigger guy could have grabbed hand or arm with katana, neutralizing it, while smashing his windpipe with the other hand or kicking his knee into reverse. Katana boy not only doesn't seem to know anything about using the supposed katana, he doesn't seem to know anything about fighting in general.

I smell yet another badly staged "reality" event for posting on YouTwitFace....
..... made by fools to get "hits". :rolleyes:

(or, to impress the "car guy's" really stupid girlfriend ?)

Last Edited:

So it looks like this stemmed from a road rage incident. Driver 1 gets out of the car with his samurai sword. Driver 2, for whatever reason gets out of his car, confronts driver 1. Then opens his trunk to show what the news is calling an AK-15. When driver 1 sees the rifle, he with his samurai sword in hand, runs away.

I have to say Thank You to Portland, you are keeping me entertained.

They also referred to it as an "assault rifle". I'm just going to start calling things I don't know anything about by names that I make up.

Moral of the story - if you're going to have a firearm in your vehicle, get your concealed handgun permit so you can legally carry it on your person.
Maybe it wasn't legal for him to obtain a CCW in the state he was in. I live in one state (WA), near the border of another state (OR). The second state does not honor my CCW permit. That state also has a track record of not issuing permits to out of state residents. It takes extra effort to obtain a out of state permit from Oregon.

Maybe it wasn't legal for him to obtain a CCW in the state he was in. I live in one state (WA), near the border of another state (OR). The second state does not honor my CCW permit. That state also has a track record of not issuing permits to out of state residents. It takes extra effort to obtain a out of state permit from Oregon.
In the same boat here. About 30 miles from the border, and I go there fairly often...:(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top