JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It was not my gun. Another person took a single-handed grip on the gun, pointed it in a safe direction, then I stood facing them, off to the side with direct access via my strong hand. I quickly grabbed the barrel and cylinder, thumb in one flute and two fingers against the other. He was unable to rotate the cylinder with the trigger. He's bigger than me and I assume stronger.
well, I'll accept your experience, but I find it hard to believe anyone can dig their finger into the shallow flutes of a polished stainless steel 1.5" wide Ruger Sp101 cylinder and stop it
you must have VERY strong fingers
we have tried that out here without success
I have a torque wrench on a clamp - I'll test to see how much pressure that takes and let you know
one must be able to torque diesel heads with ones finger to do that

That looks painful. Hope your hand is working well now.

Also bear in mind that the blast from the gap between the cylinder and the forcing cone is enough to cut digits off.
I tried to fire a Ruger Redhawk from the prone position with the revolver braced against the knee of my Carhartt coveralls
burned through the carhartts!! - use a wet canvas blast cloth now

and no, after 3 years, my hand is still restricted in use

use one of these claws for heavy lifting
never regained fine motor skills, but learned to live with it
I know many Veterans with worst disabilities then mine, so I have no complaints

hook hand (2).jpg

well, I'll accept your experience, but I find it hard to believe anyone can dig their finger into the shallow flutes of a polished stainless steel 1.5" wide Ruger Sp101 cylinder and stop it
you must have VERY strong fingers
we have tried that out here without success
I have a torque wrench on a clamp - I'll test to see how much pressure that takes and let you know
one must be able to torque diesel heads with ones finger to do that
I don't have particularly big hands. I may have a stronger than average grip but not by much. Then again I've been single for over a year now.

It must not have hurt him to bad. He took to Twitter to suck up some quick fame and social media affection.
Almost gotta wonder about someone who calls himself "the cool cat" on Twitter. Maybe he needs to change his handle to "the lucky cat" ...

Anyway, one suspects that with the lack of actual police in Seattle and Portland, there may be an uptick involving incidents with the myriad of private security guards abounding...

Almost gotta wonder about someone who calls himself "the cool cat" on Twitter. Maybe he needs to change his handle to "the lucky cat" ...

Anyway, one suspects that with the lack of actual police in Seattle and Portland, there may be an uptick involving incidents with the myriad of private security guards abounding...
check my post on how many pages of opening in Portland for security guards

have you handled a SP101? those flutes are very shallow with smooth edges and total thickness is only 1.5" wide
your NOT getting your fingers to grip in those flutes and most adults hands are to large to get a grip on it's 5 shot cylinder
again, your gona have to have the hands of a Ninja Master to stop this cylinder from rotating

academic discussion at best
I'm not a paid security guard who worries about liability
if I approach an intruder and only have my SP101, it's going to be out and cocked LOOOONG before the intruder is in grappling range
I have handled an SP101 and a S&W Model 60. I guess my friends and I are all ninja masters.

I have handled an SP101 and a S&W Model 60. I guess my friends and I are all ninja masters.
I guess the determining factor here is one allows someone the time to approach them and get a firm grip on their revolver while they do nothing in response

not in my realm of experience

I can take the time to put a wood clamp on the cylinder of my SP101 and I'm sure I can lock it up

Ah, missed it... but gosh, "cool cat's" company has almost better looking badges than my last department...

WHY would anyone want to do that job for the pittance they pay, anyway?

Likely could have been prevented with proper tactics and space between the threat but I am very glad his vest caught the round. Hurts like hell none the less, especially at a close range like that. He'll be bruised for a long while.

and I'll then counter with a Ruger Mk2 target pistol
how does one plan to jam that action?
I usually find disassembling it and then being frustrated as bubblegum trying to put it back together is the best way to keep it from working...hence why we moved on to a Mk IV :rolleyes:
It must not have hurt him to bad. He took to Twitter to suck up some quick fame and social media affection. 🤦‍♂️

1000525-7034860be2153868e2dd246d6d411a05.jpg 1000526-270451f8cb29cace6628a3be217641d0.jpg 1000527-72b12f3e662eea9262560c1e9b81aa97.jpg
Note his post, they didn't take the vest as evidence and since he is holding the bullet, looks possible they did not take that either. How do you not take these items, at least initially, as evidence? You are going to want to show the jury the bullet and the impact into the vest. This will have a big, sorry, impact on them. I guess they have given up, knowing who the DA is, trying to win cases.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top