JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I spoke with the PRPCs Membership Chairman today and this place sounds great! :)

Here's what he told me:

- Club is for member's only and shooting is limited to common caliber (not .50s or AK/AR pistols, etc) pistols and/or .22 rimfire rifles. There are some regular weekly events, otherwise you can come and shoot whenever you want 24 hours a day. 9pm - 9am is .22's only out of respect for the neighbors as the club is on the edge of a residential neighborhood.

- To join you come out, tour the place, meet some other members at the monthly membership meeting, fill out a membership application and pay your dues.
- Initiation fee: $75
- Annual membership: $125, $100 for NRA members
- Spouses can be added for $10 year, kids free!
- Key card fee: $20

I'm planning on going over to have a look at the place sometime in the next couple of weeks. Who wants to join me?

They have about 20 lanes for rimfire and lead bullets only at 50 feet and they only have one lane at 21 feet for jacketed bullets.

Being a centerfire guy myself, thats my only complaint with them. The amenities are spartan, strictlly hand pully, cold in the winter hot in the summer type of indoor range. But in exchange for that you get to shoot as much as you like without lines or a rangemaster hovering over your shoulder. If you go during off hours, it's rare to find anyone else there. My wife and I will frequentlly spend 3 or 4 hours there shooting and not see another person.

I finally got the callback and joined up - and I'm truly pleased! (it is a member-run organization, sometimes takes a while for them to react, especially in the summer when they don't have membership meetings)
Nice, friendly place, 24-hour access, low fees. So it isn't fancy? I don't care. Everything works and it is right in PDX....

I was a member for a number of years before moving out far enough that the drive made the low fees not make any sense. Speaking for myself, I really liked the 'primitive' feel of the place. While I understand why they don't (little things like the fact that you are shooting directly into an oil storage facility with only the bullet stop in the way), if they allowed cheap/clean jacketed ammunition, I'd still be a member and make the drive.

--R

I spoke with the PRPCs Membership Chairman today and this place sounds great! :)

Here's what he told me:

- Club is for member's only and shooting is limited to common caliber (not .50s or AK/AR pistols, etc) pistols and/or .22 rimfire rifles. There are some regular weekly events, otherwise you can come and shoot whenever you want 24 hours a day. 9pm - 9am is .22's only out of respect for the neighbors as the club is on the edge of a residential neighborhood.

- To join you come out, tour the place, meet some other members at the monthly membership meeting, fill out a membership application and pay your dues.
- Initiation fee: $75
- Annual membership: $125, $100 for NRA members
- Spouses can be added for $10 year, kids free!
- Key card fee: $20

I'm planning on going over to have a look at the place sometime in the next couple of weeks. Who wants to join me?

i just recently got into shooting and i was wondering if you knew:

do you have to be an NRA member?
and what is the age limit?

im 20 years old, just lookin for a good open range place nearby where i can let go of some .22 in the evenings

I'm a member there. You don't have to be an NRA member, but you get a discount if you do. $120/yr for non members, $100/yr if you are.

Regarding the jacketed ammunition, it's my understanding that it is allowed, just not at the .22 lanes. I believe you can use them at two 21 ft lanes.

Their membership meetings are on the first Wednesdays of each month at 7:30pm. If you are any other members of this forum would like to visit the place, feel free to PM me.

Yeah, I just checked the safety rules and FMJ is allowed at the 7 yd traps. I know they have junior members so I don't think you have to be 21.

emanon, I think I'll be going Tuesday evening (maybe 7ish) if you want to meet me there.

i also have been trying to get ahold of these guys for ive been trying to find somwher tlocall to shoot. the drives out to estacada are getting tougher to do these days..
any other way to get ahold of them?

I love this place been a member there for a few years now. They have 2 center fire FMJ traps at 21 ft. and 3 more pistol lanes at 50ft.. These 3 are for rim fire but you can shoot center fire pistol w/light load lead bullets only at (I believe) 900fps or less. Its a small club run by volunteers and its almost free.... Give them a break they will get back to you sooner or later.. Or better yet attend one of their membership meetings first Wed. of each month. And yes guests are welcome. They do ask for an additional $5.00 donation for each guest. Paid by the honor system in the trap "kitty"..

I am a member. this is a nice place thats affordable and close to home for me. You bring your ammo so no need to worry about price gouging. One of the things I like is the History of the place. It was built in the 40's by members for the members. I rarly run into anybody when I am there, but when I have it has always been a pleasant experience. Every one is on best behavior as we do not want to lose a place like this because these days it could not be replaced.

A true gem in the inner city! My father and I are active members (my father has been active for 20+ years). Since the board is made of volunteers the communication via email and such is lacking... but just come to the monthly meeting and introduce yourself.

The club does not advertise so membership tends not to be large... just big enough to keep the place up and running. Once you are a member you are given a key card to access the building at any time. Monthly newsletter is mailed to members with schedule of events.

Very large selection of back issue gun magazines available for free checkout and donations to the library are encouraged.

The facilities are old school... and that's just the way we like it. Yes, the lanes are hand cranked, big deal. A little bicep movement every so often won't kill you. LOL
Lanes have individual overhead heaters for those cold days. Exhaust system works excellent. New donation recently of a few dozen comfortable office chairs for meetings and such.

This is a great friendly and safe place to get your children introduced to firearms.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top