JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I decided I need some emergency provisions in the house (both food and water wise) so I took a trip over to the Portland Preparedness center today. I was able to walk away very happy and feeling like I am much better able to ride out any natural disaster such as an earthquake now. I went because I felt I have plenty of defensive capability but now I needed some hard goods to actually defend.

I know I could get a lot of this stuff on the internet and save myself a trip but I really like seeing everything in person and I love supporting a local small business.

I did a quick video of the store. You can check it out if interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going there this week. Supporting a member, getting more prepared, sounds good.

As usual, really appreciated your videos.

It really is a win/win shopping there. You support a local and get some stuff that I feel everyone should have in their homes. I think at least a few weeks of emergency rations (including water) is as essential as a flashlight or fire extinguisher. I just went in for the barrel, but ended up buying way more. I have to go back in a few weeks and get the buckets of wheat, rice, etc.

Great store and the owner is very helpful (Michael Knight). He has a newsletter you can sign up for also. Thanks for posting. I am all about supporting small businesses also!

The prices are better than you can get on the internet and you get the great conversation and advice for free! I buy food there for much less than I can get it at Internet prices or at Costco.

Check them out. You can get boxes of food for less than half what you would pay elsewhere.

Great store and the owner is very helpful (Michael Knight). He has a newsletter you can sign up for also. Thanks for posting. I am all about supporting small businesses also!
They are almost too helpful. They helped me lighten my wallet by about $1100.00 the first day and I still have to go back for some things in a couple weeks. bUt I will tell you one thing, I feel very good about every dime I spent and I feel much better prepared than I was a week ago. :)

Bought some canned butter and some dehydrated Rice Pudding from them today. If SHTF I want to die eating fats and Sugars along with all those high Sodium freeze dried foods. While I was there I overheard a conversation (good humored) about civil war breaking out in Texas soon so I guess I'm on the right path to preparedness. Seemed likeable enough. They also donate locally...... you guys who where there know what I'm saying.

Nice video, nice store! Very helpful there, I was impressed that they helped a newb prepper without belittling some of his admittedly silly questions. A good guy to do business with!

Can you buy staples there to put in your own mylar and Gamma buckets? For instance, Jasmine Rice from Costco means hauling off a lot of gunny-sack tubed rice bags.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top