JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The constant micro managing armchair quarterbacks, the continuous threats from the "Justice Warrior Lawyers", the never ending parade of entitled deviants, a moneyed Political ruling class that is un-affected by their policies, and a Progressive Media no longer reporting the news but actively creating it....

....Why would a good and honest person even attempt to run for public office?

Preach on clearconscience. It really boils down to the self entitled pricks in my generation, like you mentioned.

Society is now a People who rather than not like something and turning the channel, they march down the streets. Rather than research something and if no trusted source material is found, they scream whatever democucks tell them to scream and March the streets.

Im whole heartily tired of the liberal nonsense.

It's completely hypocritical. LE should just strike in Portland. I'm not excusing corruption, but not all cops are that way. I'm sure a lot are just regular dudes trying to pay bills and not step on the wrong person's toes.

I would hate to be a cop... People goof up. Unless a person is evil, a cop shouldn't have his career and rights effected because we'll... He/she just reacted to something. Can you imagine the survival mentality? Dealing with the liberal unhinged.
I go to wweek.com just to read the comments, they're quite entertaining as long as you can keep from becoming infuriated. As for being a cop, yeah, couldn't do it. I have the utmost respect for our Leo's and don't know how they do it. I wanted to be one for a long time, tested in Portland (thank God I didn't make it all the way) after enough ride alongs I realized I didn't want to deal with the buttcrack of society on a daily basis and be lied to by everyone I dealt with. Hats off to you boys and girls in blue.

Two principles of our Constitution is freedom of speech and right to assemble / protest. I may not care for what these people have to say but I will support thier right as these rights belong to us all. As long as the protest is non violent I will support their right. Break the law or impact some one else's rights then they should expect reprisal.

Police are not above the law if anything they should be held to a higher standard they work for society they are not the rulers as so many like to think.

Last Edited:
Two principles of our Constitution is freedom of speech and right to assemble / protest. I may not care for what these p r ogle have to say but I will support thier right as these rights belong to us all. As long as the protest is non violent I will support their right. Break the law or impact some one else's rights then they should expect reprisal.

Police are not above the law if anything they should be held to a higher standard they work for society they are not the rulers as so many like to think.
I'm not sure where to start. In case you haven't been keeping up on current events, the protests have been very violent, lots of businesses got trashed last time they came through. We're not talking about non-violent protests at all. No one's rights are being trampled. They 'staked out' the Mayor's home and slashed his tires. Intimidation, property damage.....what about his rights?

As far as your last statement, ".... Police are not above the law if anything they should be held to a higher standard they work for society they are not the rulers as so many like to think...." Rulers? As MANY of them think? How many LEO's do you know? They are husbands, wives, fathers, mothers, decent people that put their lives on the line every day to protect your rights and liberties. You hear about the bad ones, not the vast majority that are solid citizens trying to do a job. The 'bad' ones need to be caught and punished, but you're talking about a tiny minority. If you throw in local liberal politics, you'd realize that more often that not it is the LEO's rights that are being trampled. I will try to be polite here and simply say that you are using a broad, big brush to impugn the reputation of many fine men and women who've chosen to serve, and obviously don't know what the hell you're talking about.

I'm sorry but I don't feel there's any problem with police brutality.
There is a problem with the entitlements of todays youth and the lack of respect for society and authority that most parents especially single parents and those in bad areas give their children.

Portland has become a liberal mecca for the lack of responsibility for their citizens.

Breaking the law is ok, not respecting anyone or anything is just fine, be the biggest leech POS you can possibly be, it's is celebrated because, guess what?
It will never be their fault.

Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise (like LEOs) is flat out wrong and should be punished.

They will continue down this path until the city in bankrupt and looks worse than detroit.

And this will continue until you have two choices.
Let the city and economy of it crash
Or wait until it's so bad you need to get completely militant to take it back over.

And the LEOs just get stuck in the middle.

And 80% of the problem is media and social media reporting the problems like they are 1000 times worse than they are

:s0101: You did it again brother!! Very well said :s0155:

A broader perhaps more cynical point of view. Why is all of this happening? Hillary was supposed to win. Trump won instead. California, Oregon and Washington MAY have been selected by the folks who actually rule the world as test cases. In this situation, test States.

Oregon at large. Strange State. Over 70% of the liberal population lives up in the geographically tiny NW portion. Add folks in the Willamette Valley. The vast rest of Oregon probably is very conservative and sane. But ... DEMOCRACY rules. A Mob situation.

So weird Portland is constantly being stroked and prodded to become even more weird. They even have bumper stickers proclaiming such. Rioter run rabid and rapid. No real rule of law. Very little order. Why is this happening? Or is it being allowed to happen?

Why? By whom? Interesting question. Things in Portland Oregon will probably continue to get worse. The situation may be orchestrated. Looks like that. My opinion. What goes for Portland will go for the entire State of Oregon. Very scary indeed. Hang on to your hat.

We may see in Oregon some very scary and draconian laws coming out of Salem, the State capitol. Already we are getting a whiff of such. More gun laws. How bad will things get? Until the breaking point. Then what? I think we are all being set up here in Oregon.

Set up for what? A classic situation. Create a situation. Then proclaim how horrible the situation is. Then out of the blue come up with a solution. The solution is always worse than the problem. Consider many examples in History. Nazi Germany is one we understand.

Is this possible? Oh yeah. Here in SW Oregon USA in broke Josephine County South of Hayes Hill we have, for practical purposes, ZERO law enforcement. Long story. O and C Railroad. A political situation. So far, so good. Perhaps we here are a smaller test case.

My opinion only. Respectfully to all.

Two principles of our Constitution is freedom of speech and right to assemble / protest. I may not care for what these p r ogle have to say but I will support thier right as these rights belong to us all. As long as the protest is non violent I will support their right. Break the law or impact some one else's rights then they should expect reprisal.

As usual.
Anti-govt, anto-police remarks.
Same comments on different threads.

We get it you don't like cops or govt, or people telling you what to do.
Your welcome to go start your own country.

Or maybe try putting their shoes on for once.

And of course you'll say, they chose that job blah, blah, blah.

Your right they do. They deal with the scum of society.
If you did it for a week you'd probably shoot every person that looked at you funny.

Maybe you would rather not have any police?

I think jrubys comments are fine. I used to think negative things about LE when I was younger and didn't have much job experience.

The reason I defend officers is not because I think their cool but I think they are just people. At 35 and having a lot of work experience now, I feel bad for the job they have because I can only imagine the bs politics and drama they probably have to deal with. I met plenty of jerks with a badge. I also have rolled (jui jitsu) with some that I'd have their backs without question. They are just people. With a job. Simple as that.

I don't believe in glorifying them to the point it sounds like you wanna f&$@ em', but I do believe they deserve our honesty when they talk to us. They deserve our best behavior.

I'm not sure where to start. In case you haven't been keeping up on current events, the protests have been very violent, lots of businesses got trashed last time they came through. We're not talking about non-violent protests at all. No one's rights are being trampled. They 'staked out' the Mayor's home and slashed his tires. Intimidation, property damage.....what about his rights?

As far as your last statement, ".... Police are not above the law if anything they should be held to a higher standard they work for society they are not the rulers as so many like to think...." Rulers? As MANY of them think? How many LEO's do you know? They are husbands, wives, fathers, mothers, decent people that put their lives on the line every day to protect your rights and liberties. You hear about the bad ones, not the vast majority that are solid citizens trying to do a job. The 'bad' ones need to be caught and punished, but you're talking about a tiny minority. If you throw in local liberal politics, you'd realize that more often that not it is the LEO's rights that are being trampled. I will try to be polite here and simply say that you are using a broad, big brush to impugn the reputation of many fine men and women who've chosen to serve, and obviously don't know what the hell you're talking about.
If the good don't get rid of the problems they are complacent and become part of the problem. The dealings with Freshour are a perfect example as is the dealings with the ex chief of police. The use of deadly force when the individual gets shot and they find no weapon or shooting someone in the back is not acceptable. When the Leo is found guilty who do you think pays for it? We do the taxpayers. You sound like some one from law enforcement protecting your own.

True.
Officers should just get shot before the use deadily force.

Or people can just not be stupid.
I did not say that. I said shooting unarmed people or shooting some one on the back is not acceptable There is not one setc of laws for the leo's and the rest of us.

If.an individual is too scared to do thier job maybe they need a different one.
It is my belief that for every bad law enforcement officer there are a 200 good. But those good ones protecting the bad is part of the problem.

I did not say that. I said shooting unarmed people or shooting some one on the back is not acceptable There is not one setc of laws for the leo's and the rest of us.

If.an individual is too scared to do thier job maybe they need a different one.
It is my belief that for every bad law enforcement officer there are a 200 good. But those good ones protecting the bad is part of the problem.

You should go do a ride along with a LEO and see what they deal with on a daily basis. Step into there shoes for a shift. I have done this with a friend and let me tell you it is a eye opener.

This police chief cooked his own goose when he showed up with the protestors, and did not deal with a million dollars in damage done by thugs.

A good friend of mine, now deceased RIP was a Portland police officer about 20 years ago. Even in those days he told me the upper management did not support the rank and file and every time he drew his weapon it was a 2 page 2 hour report. Portland is merely the liberal sh*thole it is, and you think previous mayors were wimps, Ted Wheeler has to be the biggest pus*y I have ever seen and would jump out of his Gucci loafers if you said boo loud enough to him.

Portland has become a real R.A.T. hole.
600px-Routine_activity_theory.png

You should go do a ride along with a LEO and see what they deal with on a daily basis. Step into there shoes for a shift. I have done this with a friend and let me tell you it is a eye opener.

Exactly. I have been on a lot of ride along's, several felony stops, pursuits and a bunch of gun pointing. Going to Threat Level Red 2 or 3 times a shift and that will take a huge toll on your body. You do not realize this unless you have been in a gun pointing situation yourself. Let the young turks do that sh*t and after 10 years on the road you need to find a nice training or detective position, or a new career. Hard on the body.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top