Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Portland Police Bureau Incident Blog

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Joe Link, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

plasticfood and (deleted member) like this.
  2. doubletapJim

doubletapJim Hillsboro, OR Member

Police Blotter

3. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

Interesting. I was thinking that I might see the thing I heard last night but maybe it takes a while for them to get up. I didn't see it on any news sites either but last night about 11pm or so I heard on my police scanner a report of a man who had been drinking and playing around with his gun in the garage and killed himself. His grandson and wife found him and called 911. It was another one of those moments where I just thought how alcohol can just increase the odds of something bad happening. It doesn't guarantee something bad will happen but it just ups the odds. And guns and alcohol don't mix. So sad.

4. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

Ah, I had heard it slightly wrong (or the call went out wrong and they ended finding out later). The blog just posted:

5. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'm thinking this should be a "sticky".

ZigZagZeke and (deleted member) like this.
  6. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Yep!

7. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

Barker just won the Darwin award of the day...

8. mattkay93

mattkay93 gg New Member

You need to think before you just go typing on any old forum, Justin Barker was my good buddy and for you to get on this site and disrespect the dead for no damn reason at all is a buncha bullbubblegum. Yeah maybe he wasn't being smart but he was a kid and made a mistake just like everybody else has, I shouldnt even be wasting my time on this anyways. But ur simple little thoughtless comment made me make a whole account to write this one comment. Anyways r.i.p. Justin I love you bro.

9. DOA

DOA Aloha, OR -185th & TV Hwy Active Member

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/ge...ds-sounds-like-great-military-training-;.html

Another sad example. Far to many of these lately, besides homicide and alcohol.

@mattkay93 (Glad you joined! I'm sorry it's for the reason you stated). I just want to be clear, I'm not here to disrespect your friend at all. But, when you made this comment, "disrespect the dead for no damn reason at all", I feel you are off-base. I'm a father and I love my children dearly. And if they ever do something so stupid, including mixing alcohol, and messing with the business end of a useful tool. I would have to agree with jordanvraptor (even though I'm anti Darwin!).
    Out of love and respect for your friend that you stated, you did call out his foolishness which unfortunately cost him his life. I'm sure he had an affection for firearms, because you are here and he probably knew and frequented them as well. It's the YOLO kinda idea that is common today, and has always been or the game would not have been invented "Russian Roulette". Everyone and I mean everyone, who knows the game knows that a level headed individual regardless of social status or class, is stupid to even play the game. It's a very poor representation of those who love firearms, to those who do not. And are adamantly against our 2nd amendment freedom and it does make those who value their right to own one, and would like to see their children continue to have this right, cringe. It's a very bad example to my children and others and I would call-it-what-it-is to them as well.

My sincere
    condolences. I do hope that you will continue to stick around and offer advice and join. It is a great community, right now I can understand your sensitivity, so please don't take the disgust of others regarding this foolish to personal.

10. mattkay93

mattkay93 gg New Member

Yes maybe I was off base as you can tell the whole situation is still a little crazy considering it happened last night. This also happens to be my fourth male classmate to pass away within two years. He did love his guns we both went hunting together, but as you said mixing alcohol and drugs with anything makes it ten times more dangerous. And the only reason i found this site was because I typed in my friends name and this forum pops up with that user saying stuff about my friend but whatever, doesn't make any difference anyways just wanted to get my point across about being so ignorant when you post. I mean what if his mom would have been making the same search as me I sure she would have loved to read that about her son the day after it happens. But yeah thanks for your thoughts and condolences and gving an insightful opinion.