Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Portland Police Active Shooter Drill

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by ocarolan, Apr 18, 2014.

1. ocarolan

ocarolan Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Portland is running a shooting simulation, good chance to see how an emergency is handled. IM me for the volunteering info.

Portland Police Active Shooter Drill: On Sunday, April 27th at 10 p.m. until Monday, April 28th at 4 a.m. the Portland Police Bureau and Portland Fire Bureau in coordination with TriMet will be conducting an active shooter drill. We are looking for up to 20 volunteers to serve as actors to create a sense of realism for the first responders participating in the exercise. As a volunteer, you will be assigned a specific role, and possibly given make up to simulate injuries.

This is a great opportunity to experience firsthand the demands put upon law enforcement, fire and EMS personnel during a stressful incident, and better understand mass casualty triage, first responder safety and the risks taken to secure a scene and treat/extricate victims.

Date: April 27-28, 2014
    Time: 10 p.m. – 4 a.m.
    Additional Details: Will be provided upon registration.

2. willseeker

willseeker N. Portland. Well-Known Member

I've also been invited by PBEM to participate. I'm a NET volunteer in my neighborhood. If only I could stay up that late.:(
    Might be a good time.