JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife does not have a lot of practice or confidence to concealed carry - but she does have her WA CHL.

I would like to find some place that offers more then stand at a bench at an indoor gun range and shoot at paper targets, and can offer her practical knowledge about when she should use a firearm.

Recommendations?

I looked at his offerings (and maybe he spends time with real newbies too) but it looks like his bread and butter is more advanced. In a few months though he might be perfect for us.

I would like my wife and I to eventually take a shotgun or carbine class together, but she isn't ready yet.

Other advice, put HER in touch with both, maybe set up some phone interviews and let HER decide. Whose hands you put yourself in for this stuff is an *intensely* personal decision, and in the end a prospective instructor has to pass the student's "gut check" to really be trusted fully.

Jesus Himself can personally descend from Heaven to vouch for you, but even that testimonial only gets you the interview.

Other advice, put HER in touch with both, maybe set up some phone interviews and let HER decide. Whose hands you put yourself in for this stuff is an *intensely* personal decision, and in the end a prospective instructor has to pass the student's "gut check" to really be trusted fully.
Mostly already done :) she just needed me to help get a little momentum going. She wants the training but she is nervous to actually 'pull the trigger' on it :)

I connected wifey with Lisa and hope to do the same with Stephanie.

My wife is Chinese and actually got me back into guns after we got married. She wants the training.

I do everything from the beginning firearm owner who brings it to me in the box, up to CQB, fighting around vehicles and night vision. Then I hand pick guest instructors to enhance what I do, to get a different view.

But can help you and the wife here, ir put you in contact with others I trust.

I do everything from the beginning firearm owner who brings it to me in the box, up to CQB, fighting around vehicles and night vision. Then I hand pick guest instructors to enhance what I do, to get a different view.

But can help you and the wife here, ir put you in contact with others I trust.
You do your training in Goldendale? I am not sure what training grounds the Sherwood folks have access too (just found a third person who does training in Sherwood, need to get someone to move up North!).

But what I really want is some place more 'natural', probably outdoors, where she can be moving around and basically isn't at an indoor gun range. It sounds like you have that option.

I own my range, so we don't deal with public range policies and procedures that can sometimes inhibit good training, and in some cases cause training scars.

The pit is 50 yards deep, about 70 yards wide, 200 yards overall and can shoot 270 degrees.

The shoot house is being built in the clearing, to the right of the pit.

Screenshot_20211228-110618_Samsung Internet.jpg

I've been in contact with the OP's wife. Thanks for the references. The New Year is a great time to get some training.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top