JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These are Portland specific.

20.12.050 Possession of Weapons. ------Specific to parks (though Im pretty sure as far as knives go this one wouldn't hold up in court)

14A.110.280 Weapons. --------the stupid street car one

Those are the only ones I could find that limit knives... So basically, Parks not okay --- Public transit, not okay, but is okay, but not really. Pretty much we're gonna paint a grey area so that we can say that we don't ban it, but can still charge you if you do it.

Just follow the state law and you should be good to go. (Don't conceal, autos, assisted, double edged, or blade longer than 4 3/4 inches, or any combination of those)

166.240 Carrying of concealed weapons. (1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, any person who carries concealed upon the person any knife having a blade that projects or swings into position by force of a spring or by centrifugal force, any dirk, dagger, ice pick, slungshot, metal knuckles, or any similar instrument by the use of which injury could be inflicted upon the person or property of any other person, commits a Class B misdemeanor.
(2) Nothing in subsection (1) of this section applies to any peace officer as defined in ORS 133.005, whose duty it is to serve process or make arrests. Justice courts have concurrent jurisdiction to try any person charged with violating any of the provisions of subsection (1) of this section. [Amended by 1977 c.454 §1; 1985 c.543 §2; 1989 c.839 §21; 1999 c.1040 §15]

Feels like every one of these Portland knife and gun laws infringe my second amendment right. I am no legal scholar but CHL means I carry concealed everywhere I want, except federal places like courts and Post offices etc. Knives are tricky as hell, as court rulings are all over the board. Bottom line is if someone calls me on it on Private property. I apologize and leave immediately, especially with respect to my Benchmade 940. I got asked to leave a doctors waiting room once, when I moved my knife from an inside pocket to a slash pocket on my 5.11 pans. I left and just found a better GP. they tried to bill me as a no-show..... :). Med aid turn them down.

Benchmade 940. I got asked to leave a doctors waiting room once, when I moved my knife from an inside pocket to a slash pocket on my 5.11 pans.

That is pretty odd. Even in Seattle, where I think it has to be under a 3" blade, you'll see a lot of people carrying that type of knife. I've luckily never had that type of problem, although I've given a Kershaw to a TSA agent when I realized it was still in my pocket at the airport and was late for my flight.

You need to understand this clause

Where possession of such weapons cannot be prohibited by law,

A person with a CHL can not be prohibited by law from carrying on a Portland Street car. Unless the State Legislator were to pass that law. Portland can't pass such a law. All they have the power to do is outlaw or restrict open carry.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top