JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

"Portland's plan to use traffic barrels to curb gun violence isn't working, Data suggests"

745A809F-1E3B-4987-A8A7-215ED1993A78.jpeg

How about... If you use a gun to commit a crime... You have your trigger finger publicly amputated. Televise it. Make it massively shameful and embarrassing. Zero tolerance.

It's brutal but so is having guys running around robbing people or shooting innocent people...

Thoughts?

You guys are never going to believe this, but...

It's potland. What you mean we wont believe it? From the article it looks like those barrels must have the same sign on them that our orange barrel up here in the NE have. The signs say "No through traffic" They put these on "Through" streets. When I'm driving and need to get somewhere I take through streets. It would be real silly to take streets that don't go through when you need to get somewhere, wouldn't it!

It's potland. What you mean we wont believe it? From the article it looks like those barrels must have the same sign on them that our orange barrel up here in the NE have. The signs say "No through traffic" They put these on "Through" streets. When I'm driving and need to get somewhere I take through streets. It would be real silly to take streets that don't go through when you need to get somewhere, wouldn't it!
It was tongue in cheek. I'm totally with you on this.

1) "Hard to believe how asinine the Portland City Council is…"
No, it's not.

2) WA bans guns that can fire 5 rds in 1 second as machine guns.
So does that make a S&W revolver a machine gun in WA State?

3) "Did whatzername ever stop to think that if you slow the cars down, the shooting will be more accurate?"
So less errant rounds strike the uninvolved - not a bad thing.

4) I came to WA to escape the DPRK. I sure as hell don't support californicating WA.

Older thread but wanted to let everybody know that--
actually THE TRAFFIC BARRELS DO WORK!.

Well if you can't watch it, I'll sum up:

The traffic barrels .... (AND she noted better lighting and increased patrols by police and park rangers) ..... have reduced problems in the test area.

Funny how the barrels get all the credit.
That's the oldest disctraction technique there is folks.

The traffic barrels .... (AND she noted better lighting and increased patrols by police and park rangers) ..... have reduced problems in the test area.

If you can blame an inanimate object like a gun for human violence then you can credit another inanimate object for a positive change (assuming there is one).

Remember, people are never responsible for their actions, only inanimate objects and only government officials have "the answer", so shut your pie holes and pay your taxes, peasant.

I might believe it if Jen Psaki came out and said it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top