JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh so true.... No maths, no readings.

Something else that I find interesting coming from the Oregonian article linked previously:

Mayor Ted Wheeler has called the shootings an epidemic. City Councilor Mingus Mapps, who is Black, characterized the gun violence as a "cancer in our city."

So Mr Mapps is identified as "Black".... Why isn't Mr. Wheeler identified as "White"?
Mapps might also be the best person in office in Portland right now. There's plenty I wouldn't agree with him on, but he's the only one who has repeatedly referred to the issue not as "gun violence" but "gang violence." That piece almost never gets play in the media because it doesn't feed their narrative.

Mapps might also be the best person in office in Portland right now. There's plenty I wouldn't agree with him on, but he's the only one who has repeatedly referred to the issue not as "gun violence" but "gang violence." That piece almost never gets play in the media because it doesn't feed their narrative.
I have to wonder if Mr. Mapps ever speaks up when lunacy, or complete dereliction of duty is obvious during city council meetings?

:s0113:

Isn't this just typical?

In a statement, Hardesty admitted there is "no simple solution" to the shooting spike recorded here and nationwide.

But we'll try one anyway.
Between this and a couple of "Gun free zone" signs id say problem solved, good job Portland. Now that we've fixed that id say its safe to repeal the NFA, and the ban on full autos, we should also disband the AFT.

LETS GO BRANDON!!!!!!!

20211009_012929.jpg 20211009_012841.jpg

Are you kidding me "traffic-calming devices" they are absolutely insane! I am not kidding. In my opinion they are unfit to be in any position that dictates policy and should be removed....
When I see these orange things they piss me off more then anything else..

View attachment 1044725
I gotta be honest before I saw the calming cones I was in quite the drunken rage, woulda been smacking around my ole lady if I had one, but since I don't i was breaking glass bottles in the street out in front of my house and firing rounds in the air like Yosemite Sam.

Then I just so happened to see this thread and was overwhelmed by a calm peacefulness that I can't even describe, and in the 5 minutes since, I've quite drinking, found religion, am in the process of organizing a homeless outreach/ soup kitchen ( and not the type that dirty Mike and the boys organize)

And I'm just all around a happier calmer, gentler soul.

And that's all without even having made the pilgrimage to see the Calming cones in person.

🙏🙏🧘‍♂️🧘‍♂️

They may have to double down and replace police officers with Kumbayah squads.
They already have those. That guy in the stand-off here in the last couple weeks? Where someone was shot, he crashed his car out in SE somewhere. He was there being stroked by the Kumbayah squads for that time The video on the news showed the name, don't recall what it was now, on the sides of the van.

this is the one...

Last Edited:
What a brilliant idea! Just place barrels that say, "paying customers only", outside the stores and that will stop the smash and grabs as well as shoplifting.

View attachment 1091046
I suppose having bad kids pay their drug and gambling debts is out of the question. I'm not suggesting "drive bys" are gang related, but unless someone is running moonshine post prohibition, it's gang related.

Therefore, if the Portland gang task force was up and running they would probably know who is allowing it or actually doing it and deal with them accordingly. This is still not surprisingly a Portland issue. As far as I can tell, most Oregon neighborhoods don't need giant cones to deter shootings.

:s0113:

Isn't this just typical?

In a statement, Hardesty admitted there is "no simple solution" to the shooting spike recorded here and nationwide.

But we'll try one anyway.
I watched a documentary about the worst part of Oakland California yesterday and noticed they used orange pylons at some of the streets and intersections. Perhaps Hardesty is following the lead of her pals down in hoodville.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top