JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
KOIN 6 is covering the above story. I'm amazed a news organization is actually broadcasting anything but negatives about firearms.
A close friend of mine who enjoys guns but is a "go to the range twice a year person" asked me a while ago if anyone ever uses their firearm to protect themselves or someone else. I answered "yes, every day in this country. You just have to know where to find the stories. They won't be on the MSM."
How nice of them to cover this and nicer still the woman was prepared to defend her family.

wow.. intense.

I mean but guns are only for old white guys.. right? not moms?
Glad she had the protection she needed.

Good job Mom.

Media FAIL;
How nice of them to give out that brave Mom's exact home address and to even provide a map on their page with an aerial view of the home...
...now, any anti-gun group can picket her, and it will be extra easy for the dead intruders family/cohorts to know exactly where they need to go to "get even".

Nice job, ma'am! I'm sorry that you and your family suffered the trauma of an intruder, and much more, taking a life!
I very glad that you were prepared to defend yourself.
Best wishes to you!

Not enough info yet to know if she will be charged, Hopefully the D.A.'s office is not anti-gun, and wants to use her situation for personal political gain.. If she is charged, I propose we set up a go fund me page for her.. I would donate.

Interesting. This is now the 2nd defensive gun use in the Portland area against a home intruder in less than a week. A few days ago a guy shot an intruder in his home, I believe up in the west hills of Portland. That intruder survived.

I saw the story of this woman reported on KPTV 12 this morning. So you know how reporters always go around asking neighbors about the event that happened in their neighborhood? Well they did that for this story too, and a few things stood out:

I can't find the video I saw on TV this morning, but the reporter asking the questions asks how the neighbor feels about "gun violence" in their neighborhood. Damn, another f'ing loaded question by the media - seeking to show ANY use of a gun, even in self defense as "gun violence". How about this for a f'ing question: "How do you feel about creepy a$$ weirdos breaking in to homes and going into children's bedrooms?" Shouldn't that be what they're asking????

But the one that just pisses me off is this comment by the neighbor:

Neighbor Alexander Wolff said, "Murder isn't anything to think lightly about, but if it's protecting a family member or a child or something, yeah absolutely." Source: Woman shoots and kills stranger in her SE Portland home (http://www.kptv.com/story/32309669/woman-shoots-and-kills-unknown-man-in-her-southeast-portland-home)

MURDER!!?? This wasn't murder, it was protecting the lives of her children and herself. That's part of the problem we have - people see fighting back, in this case, killing the intruder, as murder. What a load of crap.

I'm glad she was armed and had the presence of mind when confronted with an intruder in her home and 2 young children with her, to protect them from harm. Assuming there isn't more to this story such as he's an estranged boyfriend, etc., there should be no charges against her.

But the one that just pisses me off is this comment by the neighbor:

Neighbor Alexander Wolff said, "Murder isn't anything to think lightly about, but if it's protecting a family member or a child or something, yeah absolutely." Source: Woman shoots and kills stranger in her SE Portland home (http://www.kptv.com/story/32309669/woman-shoots-and-kills-unknown-man-in-her-southeast-portland-home)

MURDER!!?? This wasn't murder, it was protecting the lives of her children and herself. That's part of the problem we have - people see fighting back, in this case, killing the intruder, as murder. What a load of crap.
Let's face facts, most people are pretty ignorant about a lot of things, so it comes as no surprise that person doesn't have a clue. Like saying "my house got robbed"...not knowing the difference between robbery and burglary. If you want to no more just axed me :D

Let's face facts, most people are pretty ignorant about a lot of things, so it comes as no surprise that person doesn't have a clue. Like saying "my house got robbed"...not knowing the difference between robbery and burglary. If you want to no more just axed me :D

See, that's why I'd never make it as a reporter, I would end up correcting people on things like that - informing them of the difference between "murder" and "justifiable homicide", just as an example. Yeah, I'd get fired tout de suite.

Neighbor Alexander Wolff said, "Murder isn't anything to think lightly about, but if it's protecting a family member or a child or something, yeah absolutely."

I wouldn't be too hard on her. How many can think straight when a microphone is shoved in their faces?

Keep in mind that we all swim in a sea of propaganda. Despite her inaccurate choice of words here, no doubt influenced by that fact, she still came to the correct conclusion.

I can here them already;
"He was only 59 years old!"
"He was just getting his life turned around!"
"He didn't mean to hurt anyone!"
"AARP Lives Matter!!"

What might have happened if she was not armed and unable to protect herself and her children??? I am glad we don't have to discuss that. Good on her for being a realist and being prepared to be able to protect her children.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top