JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's cold as Balls there. The temp is cold, and then the winds come in, and it's cold!!!!
Cut through you cold.
People can be a little odd also.

Lived there for three years. Yup, it's cold but it's not wet and cold like it gets here. Wore my heavy coat exactly once - worked until 2 AM on Y2K to make sure all the code changes were hunky dorie.

It's a lot like Bend with a bit more snow and fewer out of state a-holes to eff up property values and laws. Winters are blue sky sunny and the snow is powder. Winters here are wet, skies are gray, and snow usually turns to slush by 4 PM then to nice slick ice a few hours later.

Population is split between INEEL scientists and engineers, drunk broken down cowboys, farmers, and big haired Jello makin' Mormon women. So, yeah, social activities can be interesting. Fortunately I'm as social as a hibernating bear.

Only thing really weird is that if Halloween falls on a Sunday it gets celebrated on Saturday. Some sort of can't have devil stuff on Sundays. I got blank stares when I pointed out that All Halloweds Day and all Halloweds Eve (AKA Halloween) were Christian holidays.

The town has one of almost everything you get multiple of in Portland. Cabelas is even right next to Sportsmans. Mrs 3M and I are headed back one a few health issues get taken care of, so will likely start the process this time next year with the goal of transition my address on Jan 1 for tax purposes.

Lived there for three years. Yup, it's cold but it's not wet and cold like it gets here. Wore my heavy coat exactly once - worked until 2 AM on Y2K to make sure all the code changes were hunky dorie.

It's a lot like Bend with a bit more snow and fewer out of state a-holes to eff up property values and laws. Winters are blue sky sunny and the snow is powder. Winters here are wet, skies are gray, and snow usually turns to slush by 4 PM then to nice slick ice a few hours later.

Population is split between INEEL scientists and engineers, drunk broken down cowboys, farmers, and big haired Jello makin' Mormon women. So, yeah, social activities can be interesting. Fortunately I'm as social as a hibernating bear.

Only thing really weird is that if Halloween falls on a Sunday it gets celebrated on Saturday. Some sort of can't have devil stuff on Sundays. I got blank stares when I pointed out that All Halloweds Day and all Halloweds Eve (AKA Halloween) were Christian holidays.

The town has one of almost everything you get multiple of in Portland. Cabelas is even right next to Sportsmans. Mrs 3M and I are headed back one a few health issues get taken care of, so will likely start the process this time next year with the goal of transition my address on Jan 1 for tax purposes.
The surrounding mountains are awesome. Tetons. Swan valley is nice. Im Mormon so I have a insider knowledge about that place. There's the have and have nots there. Huge farmer money. Mormon farmers that provide all there grown hops to the Budweiser plant in town. Zero restaurants to choose from. Outside of Idaho falls is much nicer. Island park is a great place for a cabin. Palisades.

The surrounding mountains are awesome. Tetons. Swan valley is nice. Im Mormon so I have a insider knowledge about that place. There's the have and have nots there. Huge farmer money. Mormon farmers that provide all there grown hops to the Budweiser plant in town. Zero restaurants to choose from. Outside of Idaho falls is much nicer. Island park is a great place for a cabin. Palisades.

Looking near Tetonia and Island Park. Be too long for Swan Valley to get broadband, but dang it's beautiful. My folks always wanted to get land there. The farms between Tetonia and Driggs are being subdivided so there is a lot of opportunity for Teton views. Love how whenever I went exploring there was wildlife just after daybreak. I always got a kick out of the hops and I think barley that was grown for Budweiser. Bill Gates and Augie Bush junior at the time were having spats at the time because somebody's hanger was in someone else's view.

How long since you have been there? Was there two summers ago and there were almost all the usual chains, fast food and otherwise, were there. There used to be some interesting places downtown where I worked, but didn't have time to see if they were still there. Hog Smoke Cafe sadly gone due to the owner/chef's passing. Still can't seem to find decent asian anywhere in Idaho.

Looking near Tetonia and Island Park. Be too long for Swan Valley to get broadband, but dang it's beautiful. My folks always wanted to get land there. The farms between Tetonia and Driggs are being subdivided so there is a lot of opportunity for Teton views. Love how whenever I went exploring there was wildlife just after daybreak. I always got a kick out of the hops and I think barley that was grown for Budweiser. Bill Gates and Augie Bush junior at the time were having spats at the time because somebody's hanger was in someone else's view.

How long since you have been there? Was there two summers ago and there were almost all the usual chains, fast food and otherwise, were there. There used to be some interesting places downtown where I worked, but didn't have time to see if they were still there. Hog Smoke Cafe sadly gone due to the owner/chef's passing. Still can't seem to find decent asian anywhere in Idaho.

All those names bring back memories. Growing up in The Salt Lake Valley, that area is where we played. Even as a 19-20 YO me and buddies would take road trips for the lower drinking age. That was just the side benefit. Fishing was the main draw. Not sure I've ever seen anything so cool as the huge rainbows finning just a few yards from "Big Springs", where Henry's Fork of the Snake river gushes out3of the ground at the base of a mountain. My body wouldn't do the cold in a place like that these days though.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top