JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Portland gets what is citizens vote for.
I know.......it's been said before. But it's true.
So........not living in Portland I can sit back and laugh at the idiots destroying their city.
My only question is; how do you get so many stupid people in one city?

It's like San Francisco, Portland, and Seattle are in a three way competition to see which city can turn itself into the biggest shhhhh...err...crap hole possible.

I have tremendous sympathy if you happen to be a conservative person trying to live in one of these places. But the people who voted for this...and keep voting for it...are getting exactly what they deserve. :rolleyes:

It's like San Francisco, Portland, and Seattle are in a three way competition to see which city can turn itself into the biggest shhhhh...err...crap hole possible.

I have tremendous sympathy if you happen to be a conservative person trying to live in one of these places. But the people who voted for this...and keep voting for it...are getting exactly what they deserve. :rolleyes:

What's worse is they get fedup with the ideology there, and then they move due to high taxes, high regulation, high crime, bad education for their kids and numerous other issues....then vote the same way they did at their old home. More and more as I've looked for a new home for myself I keep hearing Idaho, Texas, Florida and many other states are turning blue. Florida is apparently a purple state. Sad because they have beautiful world renowned beaches and great weather.

Can 't raise the rent to match inflation. Can't make people move out for not paying. When you are able you have to pay them to do it. Hey, where did all those slums and abandoned building come from?

2021 - In Poretland social status will be an abandoned home followed by a tent, followed by fresh cardboard.

This may be paid content. Snippet:

Fallout from missed rent payments is threatening a swath of the U.S. population, as the expiration of eviction bans draws near.

A large number of renters have been unable to pay some or even all of their rent since March, when the pandemic temporarily shut down most businesses. Many businesses remain closed or only partially open, pushing renters into unemployment and draining their savings.

Federal and local eviction moratoriums have protected many of them from losing their homes if they missed payments during the pandemic. But the national eviction ban and some state and city protections are set to expire by January or sooner. Renters then will be on the hook for months of missed payments, which even those who have jobs could struggle to pay.

Estimates of total outstanding rent debt vary widely. Yet by any measure, the effects of missed rent payments are bound to imperil millions of renters and wash over the broader economy.

A study of unemployed workers released last week by the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia calculated outstanding rent debt would reach $7.2 billion before the close of 2020. Moody's Analytics estimates that it could reach nearly $70 billion by year-end if there is no additional stimulus spending. The economic-research firm calculated that 12.8 million Americans would then owe an average of $5,400 from missed payments.

Easy solution, don't evict somebody due to non-payment.

Give then 30 days to evacuate for remodeling.

....and tucking tail to leave a state is a cowards way out. Fight the good fight.

Much prettier over there. Why are you looking there to move to?

It's cold as Balls there. The temp is cold, and then the winds come in, and it's cold!!!!
Cut through you cold.
People can be a little odd also.

Been there a few times. Lonely city. Too far out. Also Pocafellow.

Good lot lizards at the Flying J tho.

Much prefer Twin Falls if I had to be in a city near the main routes. If not, then Challis, or someplace up in the mountains.

This may be paid content. Snippet:

Fallout from missed rent payments is threatening a swath of the U.S. population, as the expiration of eviction bans draws near.

A large number of renters have been unable to pay some or even all of their rent since March, when the pandemic temporarily shut down most businesses. Many businesses remain closed or only partially open, pushing renters into unemployment and draining their savings.

Federal and local eviction moratoriums have protected many of them from losing their homes if they missed payments during the pandemic. But the national eviction ban and some state and city protections are set to expire by January or sooner. Renters then will be on the hook for months of missed payments, which even those who have jobs could struggle to pay.

Estimates of total outstanding rent debt vary widely. Yet by any measure, the effects of missed rent payments are bound to imperil millions of renters and wash over the broader economy.

A study of unemployed workers released last week by the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia calculated outstanding rent debt would reach $7.2 billion before the close of 2020. Moody's Analytics estimates that it could reach nearly $70 billion by year-end if there is no additional stimulus spending. The economic-research firm calculated that 12.8 million Americans would then owe an average of $5,400 from missed payments.

What I don't understand is the number of people not paying their rent. Self-employed not getting the financial relief they need... that I understand. But those getting unemployment have been collecting an EXTRA $600/wk... and they don't pay their rent??????????

Last Edited:
Been there a few times. Lonely city. Too far out. Also Pocafellow.

Good lot lizards at the Flying J tho.

Much prefer Twin Falls if I had to be in a city near the main routes. If not, then Challis, or someplace up in the mountains.
Ha! I don't know much about hookers at truck stops.
pocatello is a crap hole

The movie Pacific Heights is pretty old.

I'd only rent to chickens and such because the only rights they have involve a hatchet and skillet.
lol

The movie Pacific Heights is pretty old.

When my mother wanted to rent out rooms (actually, more like little apartments) in her home for extra income during her retirement years......I suggested that she watch that movie, FIRST.

It was one of the biggest reasons why I never aspired to become a "landlord".

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads