JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
IMHO the only thing holding Portland together is the PoPo. I propose that the vast majority of them leave the force and get jobs in surrounding communties. Same for MCSD, Portland Fire and Trimet workers. Let Portland's misguided citizens take care of themselves for a while and maybe they will finally see the light.

The gangs will rule over their "turf", the homeless will find vacant homes to house themselves, vigilantes will do what they do and honest citizens will find a new respect for law & order and leadership that prioritizes safety for it's citizens.

The PoPo can take Portland off life support so that one day it can be resurrected into a decent city again.

... how is that a "resurrection"? Unless you're talking about having all the politicians and those who voted for them actually paying the price for their crimes.

P.S. They're never going to wake up, they're already so woke. Like a petulant child, they will absolutely refuse to accept the facts, no matter how it's presented to them... their ego won't let them because they're hypocrites through and through.

-Robert

... how is that a "resurrection"? Unless you're talking about having all the politicians and those who voted for them actually paying the price for their crimes.

P.S. They're never going to wake up, they're already so woke. Like a petulant child, they will absolutely refuse to accept the facts, no matter how it's presented to them... their ego won't let them because they're hypocrites through and through.

-Robert
You have to have a crucifixion before you can have a resurrection..

Lol

What are all the Wokes going to do, they surely won't leave, and unless and until they have a conversion of a biblical sort, nothing will ever change! Let that rotting cesspool eat it's self, let it turn into Detroit, and after all the Wokes have moved on to better blue areas, only then can we resurrect the city!

I have LONG said since this "war on Cops" started it would be dead simple to fix this stupidity. Have ALL hourly Cops start to call off at the same time for a week. Let the morons who vote for this see what happens when there are no Cops, who they claim to hate so much.

-Robert
Spot on! As it stands Mayor Wheeler, Jo Ann Hardesty, and every other member of the Portland City Commission, and Multnomah County DA Mike Schmidt, ALL have Portland Police "Panic Buttons" installed on their homes. (At taxpayer's expense)

Every one of them
voted to cut the Portland Police Bureau's budget. Their actions cut police access for several hundred thousand hard working Portlanders in the neighborhoods while they themselves receive "Hyper" Police protection! (Of course DA Schmidt could not vote but his office simply refuses to prosecute entire classes of criminal behavior.)

This is a demonstrable example of rank hypocrisy.

Our demagogue virtue signaling Multnomah County DA Mike Schmidt gave a green light to lawless violence when he said:
"Demonstrators are being used to righteously express grief, anger and frustration over the senseless act of violence, (In Minneapolis) and countless other abuses people of color have observed throughout history." (As they were destroying downtown Portland!)

DA Schmidt went on to say: "It's important to me that the voices of the protesters be heard. And frankly hearing alone in not enough." (This is DA Schmidt's cowardly way of giving a green light to lawless violence that he and his family are protected from!)

Jo Ann Hardesty, (From the linked article)
Dec. 2021
"For the second time in recent years, Jo Ann Hardesty has been sued by a bank for non-payment of a debt. This may be the least of her problems, however. Her response, naturally, is to create a diversion by suing the City of Portland and the Portland Police Bureau. When one looks past the diversion and examines her history, one can clearly see a pattern of mismanagement in Hardesty's personal life, along with several incidences of breaching organizational trust. This begs the question: how responsible can she be as a public servant?"

And yet, half-wit Portland voters will likely re-elect her knowing that she cannot even balance her own check book!

Leftist Politicians like Portland's trust fund liberal mayor Ted Wheeler, and the foolish voters in Portland who enable them, wish to continue Portland's decent towards a dystopian hell for law abiding citizens and a haven for those who are content in their drug addiction and lawlessness.

Last Edited:

-Robert
When the city turns into complete anarchy the current leadership won't survive. The resurrection will only occur when the surviving citizens decide law and order isn't such a bad thing. I am guessing it will take less than a few months of complete lawlessness with near zero response from first responders before it sinks in.

I think it'll take a lot longer than a few months, but the idea of police completely stepping back is one I would support if only to let the citizenry respond or fail completely.

The three factors that I think complicate that:
OSP/other deployments - I don't know how far city management would go to fill gaps once it was obvious local LEOs were waiting for the reboot. I also don't know, legally, what they can do (or what help a governor would extend.)
CCTV - I think we all know there are cameras that local and state govt has that they shouldn't in places we wish they didn't.
Occasional misguided do-gooder - there will always be a percentage of cop who thinks their one action will make a difference and turn the tide. Hero syndrome is real.

When the city turns into complete anarchy the current leadership won't survive. The resurrection will only occur when the surviving citizens decide law and order isn't such a bad thing. I am guessing it will take less than a few months of complete lawlessness with near zero response from first responders before it sinks in.
It already is complete anarchy.Call 911 and see what happens.....

The liberal democrat majority in Portland is too stupid to see reality, in their eyes there is nothing wrong with their utopia.

There are not enough people left in Portland to wake up, they all moved out of the city. Too many Californians and New Yorkers have moved in, they trashed their own states, but they come here bringing the same bull crap mentality that destroyed their last home.

All you have to do is look at the Portland and Oregon Reddits to see how delusional these people are.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads