JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Imo the only law that exists in Portland now resides within your own two hands.

Sure stuff like this (that) happens.

Taken from the article....
Bethune is currently being held on a $1,000 cash bail in Baker's case and a $25,000 county hold for a charge in Clackamas County. He will remain in custody in Multnomah County unless he posts 10% of each bail. A spokesperson with the court system said if Bethune posted bail in both cases, he would be taken to Clackamas County to face charges there.

A judge does have the authority to change Bethune's bail amount or approve another conditional release.

The Multnomah County District Attorney's Office said:

We believe the court will hold him, and in the event the court orders his release, we will vehemently object.
Next, LOL......there might/will/probably be another.......

"Covid emergency release.......Get Out of Jail FREE."

Aloha, Mark

And this is why I have mentioned numerous times here how difficult it is to become a felon. Commit a felony? Almost never get charged with a felony, almost never stay in jail, don't appear for court and nothing happens, of course he was released on his own recognizance because the cops all know who he is, and he will be back in court on another charge soon anyway.

Welcome to the new normal.

But, but, I don't understand...
Isn't it already illegal to steal cars? Surely criminals wouldn't break the law, right?
Clearly we need more car laws to prevent car crime.

Back in the day thieves used to get their hands cut off for thieving, first the right hand & second offense the other. That's the way it still should be.
Yes, but in which country? This is a common thing in countries governed by Sharia Law.

I would not mind lopping off a few hands and stuff it in tar.

Gentlemen, gentlemen....allow me to suggest?

double_secret_probation.jpg

Aloha, Mark

So when he runs across the home owner who's had enough of the laxed court system, I have a feeling the court will not have the same ruling for that person. Taking the law into your own hands is a capitol offense in most places. Look at the lunatic that attacked Chapelle with a weapon in front of hundreds of people. Initially he was handled with kid gloves by the courts.

Portland is pure anarchy at this point, but the situation is looking bad all across the state. Oregon does not have enough public defenders, so regardless of where you live, dirt bags are being released from custody because the courts cannot provide legal representation.

As usual, the politicians have absolutely no solution for this, so things are going to get much worse.

Even more worse, in this liberal failed experiment, criminals have more rights than their victims.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top