Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Portland Gunshow Insanity...

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by conklinjeremy, Jan 6, 2013.

1. conklinjeremy

conklinjeremy PDX Member

Let me start by saying that I am not bubbleguming.... More laughing at the insanity this weekend...
    There was a lot to laugh at....

1) Any AR type platform started at $1500 & only went up....
    2) Ammo pricing was 30-80% higher than "normal"
    3) Keith's, (who always has the larges table, with the most rifles) ran out of "Assault" Rifles to sell.. I went back on Sunday, and there was NOTHING left.
    4) The guys that had anything guns left were just insane on pricing..
    5) Used GI 5.56 30 Rd we selling for $35-50 each...
    5) AND THE BEST WAS $90.00 windowless Pmags !! I took a pic because I could not believe it....$90.00 each !:laugh::laugh::laugh: When I asked the price expecting there to be a mistake, the vendor pointed at the price tag... Wouldn't even look me in the eye..

pmagphoto_zps606ee49e.jpg

Did I miss anything else???:huh::huh:

2. Hartebreak

Hartebreak Portland Member

yes, you missed the fact that people waited in line for hours to pay those prices.

3. Bowwen

Bowwen Saint Helens, OR New Member

You forgot to mention the line that went from the A building all the way across to the fence by the E building and it was that way for at least 2 hours after the doors opened. Yea things were way blown out of the norm that is for sure. Glock 32/23 normal capacity mags were going for anywhere from $40 to $65. The ruger 25 round mags were upwards of $60 at most boths. And everything was selling like crazy.

4. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

These prices are mind blowing.
    The only reason that my ar15 isn't listed for $2,000+ is that i'm not so sure i'd be able to replace it later.

chariot13 and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Ok so thats the deal with Black guns How was the selection of nice wood and blued steel hunting rifles or target rifles? How about the classic handguns or the Winchesters What did you see in pre 1964 Winchesters? You know not everyone is all a flutter about Black guns. Some of us enjoy traditional styled sporting firearms. Heck I love to look at and handle a nice flint lock Squirrel rifle.

If your going to give these reviews try to include all of us.

Sun195 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

I agree. Please let us know about the other stuff.

7. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

:rofl1:

8. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

Without asking for one, the guy at the big book table gave me a deal on four books, two thick ones of the coffee table variety and two smaller guide books "so that his wife would have less to pack" :laugh: :. I'll be reading for weeks :) .

Keith

9. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

pmagphoto_zps606ee49e.jpg
    Is that a speck of dust between them zeros? Oh crap, its a decimal point!

10. KTM530XCW

KTM530XCW Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

6k for a scar17

11. Rugreedy

Rugreedy University Place Member

I have a table reserved for the Tacoma/Puyallup show on the 19th. Thanks for sharing.

12. conklinjeremy

conklinjeremy PDX Member

I saw that at Doc Holiday's Guns... I bought A Scar 17 from him 6 months ago for $2950..
    I'm glad I have 2 of them already...

13. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

dang, should have bought the one on craigslist for 2500 today

14. chariot13

chariot13 Near Eugene/Springfield Well-Known Member

Prices are a little high on everything but more affordable for the firearms you speak of. At least thats how it has been for me. I luckily don't need anything more in regards to my 'black guns' but did need to pick up a couple of 10 round mags for my kel-tec p32. Which only cost me a lil bit more (few dollars) than b4 would have.

15. revjen45

revjen45 Snohomish County Well-Known Member

People who stocked up a while ago are glad they did. Unfortunately, I had a tragic kayaking accident over deep water in the Sound and all of my HD/SD guns I may or may not have owned were lost.

Nanavic97, bsirois, hsullyc and 7 others like this.
  16. mouse

mouse Pacific Northwest Active Member

I'm sorry for your loss, though I find it strange I too suffered the very same accident last week. :confused:

17. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

black.jpg

18. Mrand55

Mrand55 Salem Member

I made it up to the show Saturday early afternoon, while the "black guns" seemed a bit high in price for guns and accessories, the rest of the handguns and rifles seemed about normal in price. Bought some 9mm plinking ammo, didn't really over pay but didn't get a great deal either. Went there with my cousin with him looking for a handgun and myself looking for a tactical shotgun. I'm not in desperate need of a shotgun but want one, so I was just looking for a smoking deal which I didn't find. handgun prices seemed about average but told my cousin he would be better off (since he was thinking he wanted a Springfield Xd after looking at everything) if he went to like Wholesale sports on a Tuesday at like 10am to get a little more hands on and buy, rather than waiting in line then waiting hours to get his background check done. Not a total waste of money to go to the show but personally didn't find a deal worth jumping on. Anyone with with a used tactical shotgun that wants to unload at a decent price, let me know :winkkiss:

19. shredjesse

shredjesse Vantuckey Active Member

Wow, now might be a good time to sell this big ol' bag of GI mags I've got!

20. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Do they allow pictures to be taken inside the building? It's against the rules at WAC shows and will get you thrown out if they see you.