JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
By the way, for gunshow table exhibitors, if they call you on the loudspeaker to come to the office---DON'T BOTHER! They just messed up their paid/not paid paperwork and the Staff Clowns want to waste your time. If there is any actual problem they will come to you.....................elsullo :cool:

Anyone else seem to think prices are still alittle high? maybe me or just the "new" world we live in..

Well it would depend on what items you were looking at.
The last 2 PDX shows i have gotten some smokin' deals on everything what was purchased.
Primers were 24.95 K,Wolf,Winchester,etc,all with the exception of Match.
With the nice weather,turn out was low so folks are willing to deal a little more also,heard several friends/dealers complaining about how slow it was yeasterday and today.
RK

I bought two saiga 12s, walther pps, ar-pistol lower some magpul gear, totally got my asking prices and they were in my hands at the end of the show, saved on shipping from the internet!!

BTW that glock granpa at the twin bears booth with all those funky shotgun ammo, is a complete rip off, not only do they buy that stuff from ammunition to go.com but place them in smaller quantity bags and jack the prices up, almost double, but the glock work he does looks pretty nice, just dont get sucked into buying a 12 gauge flare round.

Hit the show today as a friendly dealer had a Sig mag I wanted/needed. Ended up finding two Walther TPH mags too :) Now my little mouse gun can eat more cheese! Had fun walking around and seeing all the fun toys. Still waiting to see some of the new guns introduced at SHOT especially the Kel Tec 22mag.

I dropped by around noon, saw some decent prices, Beretta 92's for $435, Ruger LCRs for $399-425, good deals on ammo, too. I think Keith's had a bunch of used Glock 22s for $375-$400. Plenty of sweet deals out there.

The last show was my best show in a very long time.

They had moved it into a BIGGER HALL so it looked smaller. (yes, it's true)

Not sure where the show will be this time, in Hall D or otherwise, but they are always great shows and many dealers look forward to stocking up before the show so they can have a larger selection for customers.

Many Customer will order a product from me and choose to pick it up at that show.

Willis?

The last gun show I went to (before this year) was in the same hall and it was packed. That was Jan 09. This year I went the first weekend in Feb and it was probably 2/3-3/4 full. If I hadn't found the killer deal on a used scope I was looking for it would have been a bust. The Portland show is expensive and you would hope for more tables of gun stuff than was there in Feb.

I am not a cheap azzzz but I wonder why the show at the expo center has a $9 admission price. The parking is also on the high side so you spend darn near $15-20 just to get in the door so vendors can sell you stuff. They should pay us to come in to buy their products.

Expo parking was free for many years so its got to affect attendance to make people pay such a high price to attend.

Just me or do others balk at the cost?This is why I like being a WAC member

Keiths or Gun Broker don't charge an admission fee or a parking fee. Sometimes I think we are becoming trained monkeys, learning to pay for commercials to sell us stuff. (Comcast!)
This is why I like being a WAC member. I pay $35 for the year and don't pay for parking. Oh yeah private sale is still legal too!

I went with my son for something to do. I was surprised. The ammo shortage is obviously over. Lot's of everything at OK prices. Not great prices, but much lower than the last time I went.

I am not a cheap azzzz but I wonder why the show at the expo center has a $9 admission price. The parking is also on the high side so you spend darn near $15-20 just to get in the door so vendors can sell you stuff. They should pay us to come in to buy their products.

Expo parking was free for many years so its got to affect attendance to make people pay such a high price to attend.

Just me or do others balk at the cost?

Keiths or Gun Broker don't charge an admission fee or a parking fee. Sometimes I think we are becoming trained monkeys, learning to pay for commercials to sell us stuff. (Comcast!)

Yep, it's not worth it. One thing I must correct you on, though, is where you stated, "so vendors can sell you stuff." They don't even try to sell anything, in fact, they seem to want to sit there and look pissed off instead of sell anything.

Won't be going to this weekend's show. The last show was probably the smallest Expo center gun show I've been to and there's more non gun stuff every time I go. Not really into beany babies or cheap fantasy swords.

Uh, the hall may be larger, but I concur. There was surely a lack of true firearm sellers at this compared to even just last year. It's not worth the price anymore. The only vendors with rpoducts worth looking at or talking to are the ones who already have stores. The other guys just don't know how to negotiate. Perhaps they have to deal with idiots that don't know how to handle firearms, and people that don't know how to talk price, but they seem to be more interested in talking guns exclusively, ignoring true paying customers.

Overall, though, I'm surprised that these small vendors pay to go there, because those costs surely build up for them and significantly effect how their potential customers spend their money. I would be haggling with the expo people to get those prices down, just absurd!

If you are a vendor, and you're reading this in disgust, don't bother arguing with me. Why don't you take this advice from somebody with years of sales experience, instead of disregarding me and everybody else that has stopped spending their money at gun shows because of these factors. I think many others will a gree with me when I say that these are legitimate concerns.

So Gary what did you buy for Scott? Match ammo for the 10/22?

Nope Rick, we already have a good stash of that. I picked up some 45 and some 17.

But I will say that this is the first show in awhile that had a bunch of the match grade 22lr ammo available at a decent price. Things are looking up in the world of ammo availability.

Yep, it's not worth it. One thing I must correct you on, though, is where you stated, "so vendors can sell you stuff." They don't even try to sell anything, in fact, they seem to want to sit there and look pissed off instead of sell anything.

Uh, the hall may be larger, but I concur. There was surely a lack of true firearm sellers at this compared to even just last year. It's not worth the price anymore. The only vendors with rpoducts worth looking at or talking to are the ones who already have stores. The other guys just don't know how to negotiate. Perhaps they have to deal with idiots that don't know how to handle firearms, and people that don't know how to talk price, but they seem to be more interested in talking guns exclusively, ignoring true paying customers.

I go to the shows to listen to the "know it all's" and put high prices on my guns just to piss them know it alls off..cause I really dont care to sell a gun .....just to watch is pure enjoyment......:dinner:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top