JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
they have people at the door checking and zip tying guns at the door, note the clear plastic container on their table usually haslf full of bullets fron "empty" guns... and just avoid the mall ninja types and youll be fine.

I love gunshows, I acquired most of my guns there over time, and I feel it is a patriotic duty for all gun users to attend at least a few a year! That said, I skipped a few years until I had my own table last July. The new Expo Center hall is HUGE. That show happened to be poorly attended, but I expect that this November show will be crowded.

For those who have never been to a show---GO! You will love it! Be prepared for a religious experience, one that energizes every patriotic blood cell that you have. There may even be bargains at the private sellers' tables---the economy is bad and many folks (like me) are selling off their extra stuff. Vendors might be grumpy from suffering fools, but most are actually extremely friendly and love talking about their stuff. The big commercial dealers may not be so friendly, because it's a long weekend of hard work for them---they have to haul all of that crap in!

Random thoughts: Dress LIGHTLY---the place is usually HOT from mass body heat. ASK BEFORE picking up a weapon. HAGGLE! Politely ask if the seller has any room to move on the price to fit your tight budget. Do NOT carry concealed! The security staff is large, pleasant, and sharp-eyed, and they WILL PROSECUTE anyone caught carrying a gun without a zip-tie. Carry a shoulder bag---you will need a good bag to carry all of the stuff you will buy, and ammo is heavy. There are ATM machines, clean restrooms, and GREAT hotdogs. Commercial vendors will take credit cards, but tack on four-percent to the price---most will not dare to do that at their own shops. Take something to trade---it's just fun, and may be the kicker on a deal you really want. If your body aches from shuffling around, ask a security guard where you can find a chair---I do!

Riding MAX is a "good" idea, but will still cost you half what it costs to securely park, and leaves you a block long walk with uncertain company. DO NOT PARK illegally anywhere in the neighborhood---you WILL be towed---it happened to me! You cannot openly carry guns on MAX, period. A rifle case will be noted and removed, but nobody will search a bag.

Every single gun has a zip-tie in the breech or barrel. Fools may point guns foolishly, but it is rare and they DO get scolded at most tables. You will only rarely see "gangster" types at Oregon gunshows---every gun sale must pass a background check, which verifies the legality of the buyer, seller, and weapon. This is supposedly not "registration", but computers never forget.

For those who have not been to the Expo Center gunshows for a long while, you will be pleased and amazed. Security is better, things are cleaner, brighter, and BIGGER. And you can still find switchblade combs!....................elsullo :s0114:

picked up a turk and a mosin m-44 at the expo a few years back for bout $60 a piece, gotta love the private sells. i usually dont talk to the dealers much as their prices are usually too high for me, but its a good place to stock up on ammo. when i go i usually hit the hunding shack? (big orange sign) and the surplus ammo dude who comes down from washington.
lately i t may be my imagination but i see more and more "assault rifles" at tables

sweetbeard, while your under there, can you toss the dogs ball out, the dust bunnies wont give it back. and feel free to get all tactical full auto air soft on their musty....

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I see. Ninja's ARE scary. That link mentioned a guy Duct Taping a Protective Plate to his body! No way, Jose. BS meter is screaming. Funny though, the cops downtown dress like this when they pretend to be from Argentina for some protest march or something. Still, I betcha I blow a few hundred dollars on ammunition and two bucks for a hot dog with the remaining pocket change. See you all there :)

just a few hundred on ammo? shopping light? as for the hot dog, scrap that and hit the jerky guy, there are a few there. they are at every gunshow, like the crappy toy booth and there might even be a matchbox car table

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top