JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
heya frisky, i think i saw you all up at mamaloose a while back,had canopies set up, etc...
as for the gunshows, lately all i seen are high prices, $200 for an ok yugo sks when big 5 had them for 160, cmon. i go for the ammo as its usually cheaper than on line. but i dont really get why the cheap crap "dollar tree" type of tables are there, you all know the ones... sellin hair dye and cheap sunglasses...

was before big 5 stopped stocking them. and now i see them on sale for $300, thought regular price is $350 now, but i dont remember. hardly go there as they dont carry squat for ammo.
as for mamaloose, i wouldve stopped, but dont know how formal/informal you all are to people just dropping in...

So... how was the Portland Gun Show? Chaos? Panic?

I almost went to the WAC show in Monroe, but I really don't need anything and it's a bit of a drive. Still, would have been interesting to see the crowds. Drove by the local gun peddler yesterday and the parking lot was full - don't normally see that.

didnt go to the gunshow this year, finances, was either new tires, badly needed or more ammo. tires won. but was wondering, if one takes the max to the show, then can they take the max back if they happened to purchase a rifle, or do they have to call for a ride. i asked a tri-met driver and he wasnt very helpful.

Anything else? Yes! Expect to have lots of guns pointed at you with their fingers on the trigger. We had a booth, once, two years ago and our team lost count after over 50 guns pointed at them including one guy who was so enthusistic he stood in front of team and drew his concealed handgun from under a sweater in an attempt to show he carries concealed even at a gun show. He just couldn't understand why security remove him.

Also observed another guy pick up a Kimber 1911 and immedately looked down the barrel (with the finger on the trigger) and then used the barrel to scratch an itch on his back - several times. As he spoke he accented and illustrate his conversation with the pistol in his hand by waving it around at everyone in the show including the dealer- the gun dealer was oblivious and never said a word.

During the same year a few months earlier at an Atlanta Gun Show a father shot his own son in the head and killed him DRT while "trying" a new GLOCK 30.

The problem with gun shows is everyone "assumes" all guns are "unloaded" when instead it would be a better environment if everyone assumed all guns are "loaded" and treated them as such.

Go and have a great time...but if you go - take a partner to watch your back!

OFADAN//PALIN 2012??

I've been to one gunshot in my life and how many inconsiderate jerks where there. Kind of soured the whole experience for me. I'll probably go this to this show just to match a face to the names around here and to hopefully find that diamond in the rough deal that we all dream of.

transit cop- sir do you have a permit for that barret .50?
customer- why, its not concealed...

82nd street hooker- my what a big gun you have, you happy to see me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything else? Yes! Expect to have lots of guns pointed at you with their fingers on the trigger. We had a booth, once, two years ago and our team lost count after over 50 guns pointed at them including one guy who was so enthusistic he stood in front of team and drew his concealed handgun from under a sweater in an attempt to show he carries concealed even at a gun show. He just couldn't understand why security remove him.

WAC shows require zip-ties through all firearms at the show to make them inoperable. Does the Portland show not require this?

First of all, I find it worthwhile to handle the weapons, but I never purchase.

If you want a good guy to buy ammunition from, buy from Dane. He's a very tall guy at a table someplace in the middle with many old bolt-action rifles, he owns Aloha Surplus in 'Beaverton'.

In my experiences, most of the sellers are cranky, and seemingly fed-up with idiots as described here. Also, most prices are way too high.

Like I said, though, it's worth going to handle the weapons, as well as track sweetbeard.
What's the story about carrying a rifle on the Max anyways, especially if it's carried openly without a case. I can't imagine they wouldn't ask you to leave, seems like something they wouldn't hesitate to do.

ammunition to go has better prices for ammo, as for safety, they have people at the door to check your firearm is unloaded, and they use a ziptie to keep it from being locked n loaded.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top