Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Portland Gun Show - What to expect?

Discussion in 'Events & Get Togethers' started by pdxjohann, Nov 6, 2008.

1. pdxjohann

pdxjohann Portland near Tigard Member

Hello all,
    New guy here. I am asking for advice of how the local gun show works. What should I expect? When should I go? Should I leave my money at home to protect the family budget? I am thinking of traveling by MAX train for simplicity reasons. What if I have a weak moment and buy too much? So, what do you all think?
    Regards,
    PDXJohann

2. friskydingo

friskydingo Oregon, NorCal, and Panama. Yes. All three New Member

cranky sellers and higher then usual prices. skip gun shows unless surplus ammo is there. or you could just go to their web page...

3. KomradRazvan

KomradRazvan Portland and Salem Oregon New Member

what about prices? What do you guys think about prices? Do you guys think they will be lower since everything must go because of the new president? or higher?

4. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

It will be worth going.... buying mags and ammo as usual

5. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

This is the one I'm hoping to have a table at (and I just realized it interferes with the Memaloose shoot), if I can get the banner done in time. I expect high prices and high attendance.

6. sweetbeard

HMM. well only PG is showing up ATM... we can reschedule if you are getting a booth at the show..

7. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

That's a possibility, we'll see. I did want to attend the meet, and I know Seth and Paul have both wanted to meet up again as well.

8. Mot

Mot SW Portland Member

I'm game for what ever, just picked up my first pistol.. really hoping to gun some practice in with others so I can learn proper technique and etc.

9. kodiak1

kodiak1 Alberta Territories Member

When is it?

Ken.

10. Joe Link

Nov. 21st, 22nd, and 23rd.

Just confirmed, we have a table reserved for NorthwestFirearms.com :D

11. sweetbeard

12. pdxjohann

So my notes include:
    cranky vendors, too high prices, $15 but don't forget BiMart card, And lots of attendees would prefer to be out shooting.

Anything else?

13. friskydingo

friskydingo Oregon, NorCal, and Panama. Yes. All three New Member

i think i will have to go and hangout at the NWFA table.... maybe even get 1911 that nobody wants to sell me! :(

14. caliber bob

caliber bob Yamhill County, OR. Member

Don't know much about the gun shows, in fact I haven't even been to one:huh: But if nothing else, welcome to the site:)

15. wavo

wavo Portland Member

I'm definitely going and taking loads of people with me. Joey that's sweet you're going to have a booth! Are you selling firearms?? or what??

And please someone tell me about this Bimart card stuff? I've been a member for 10 years but didn't know I could receive some discount at the gun show?

I've personally had good luck with gun shows, lots to look at, sometimes good prices on ammo, the beauty is the easy and ability to handle many different guns. I'm left-handed and it gives me a good chance to feel the different ambidextrous guns. Plus every time I bring a cute girl with me the vendors seem more helpful and eager to cut a deal...I'm not even joking.

I am curious if this one will be packed out though and if prices will be good or in the toilet...we'll see.

16. sweetbeard

$2 off with bi-mart card

17. Joe Link

We won't be selling anything, just passing out information about the site in hopes of getting more members :thumbup:

18. wavo

wavo Portland Member

SUWEET!
    Be nice to put some faces with the names

19. smonkbmw

smonkbmw Vancouver WA Member

i like to go look around. ive found stuff cheaper online (of course). but its always fun to go look around, can always use the exercise.

20. pdxjohann

Thanks for the tips and welcome to this board. Maybe we'll meet some of you there. I'll try to guess your faces by your avatars here.
    :thumbup: