Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Portland Gun Show This Weekend

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by TheHumungus, Apr 16, 2013.

1. TheHumungus

TheHumungus Portland Active Member

Wondering if it's worth going to.... Have not been since the madness started...

2. akmewon

akmewon clackamas Active Member

probly not.....

3. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

I will be a negative Nancy and say it wasn't worth going before.

4. t.huynh

t.huynh vancouver, wa Active Member

Nope, save your money.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

5. Uberdillo

Uberdillo Oregon Active Member

Call it Schadenfreude, I'm in :eatpop:

6. doobee8

doobee8 Salem, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The tube sock guy will be there! You sure guys?

7. ruger45blackhawk

ruger45blackhawk milwaukie Active Member

$17.00 bucks to get in the door. Parking and entrance fee. Bimart $2.00 discount maybe? With the prices so high on this forum and others for all items related to firearms it would most likely be even higher there. Plus the crowds.

SO, NO for me!!! Sorry about the rant!!!

8. tacticalgunner

tacticalgunner Wilsonville The Man, The Myth, The Legend Bronze Supporter

Maybe if there was not a gun show in the area ever other week. To many, same non-gun crap.

9. jvbutter

jvbutter Cornelius, Or Active Member

Rose city is better, or larger than the collectors west. More vendors, I like to peruse the Rose City, but the collectors west is just not there for me. Yes prices on ammo will be up there. Piad $250 year ago fro 45acp, last Jan or Feb when I was there, $350 a case. Outragiousness. Which one is in town?

10. CascadeSam

CascadeSam Portland Oregon Active Member

IMO, it wasn't a rant. Gun shows are not what they were ten years ago. Even twelve months ago they had become places where vendors over-charged for goods that could be found at local stores and online less costly, and then as you wrote the cost to park and enter is another $17. The only thing I appreciate about guns shows is to look and hold so many different guns. I don't like wasting anyone's time, however, I now have no problem if going to a gun show to examining guns, asking a few questions, and then buying from a lgs.

1 person likes this.
  11. thirtycal

thirtycal Camas, WA Active Member

Agreed. We're lucky to have two shows in the PDX area, so we customers can afford to be picky. And when it comes to gunshows, I'd pick Rose City over Collectors West every time. I tend to find better deals at Rose City. I know there's alot of the same vendors, but for some reason that long skinny building seems to keep prices grounded more than the open spaces of Collectors West.

-Thirtycal

12. TapRackNGo

TapRackNGo PNW Well-Known Member

I'm sure there will be a river flowing with $450 Glocks, $995 Colts, and Wolf 223 for $199. Make sure to give us a AAR. :cool:

13. theflyguy

theflyguy Beaverton, Oregon Member

Nope...prices were WAY too high last time I went. With the price of parking and door entry...don't save enough anymore to justify going.

Last time a friend of mine paid $67 for a brick of .22LR all I could think to myself was OUCH!

14. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Oregon Well-Known Member

I'm going to go, to meet up with some friends. I went to one at the Expo center a few months back and it was interesting to be able to see and hold all the firearms. It was good for comparison between models I was interested in. Lots and lots of non-gun stuff there.
    Ammo was expensive and a lot of it was reloads, but I'm not interested in buying it anyway.
    I'm not expecting great prices, and I'm not really expecting to buy anything...mostly going
    for something to do and to see some friends I haven't seen in awhile.

15. aznbala

aznbala Tualatin, OR Member

Not going as well. It's fun to go look around if you get bored. Like going to the zoo, lol.

16. k7grc

k7grc Banks, Or Active Member

It will be a ZOO with the "Portland Garage Sale" going on at the same time.

17. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

I'm not going either. I have some drinking to do as I'm behind on that.

Or maybe I'll just go shooting instead.

pokerace and (deleted member) like this.
  18. ruger45blackhawk

ruger45blackhawk milwaukie Active Member

:gun04: wait a minute you can go the show and drink beer and fondle firearms!!! :drinkingbuds:

pokerace and (deleted member) like this.
  19. bill97024

bill97024 Oregon Member

Ten years ago I was going and finding some good deals, but anymore the prices are no better than what you can find everywhere else. The only reason to go now is to be be able to see a lot of variety in one place. The cost of parking and admission fee keeps me away most of the time now.

20. locobob

locobob Beaverton, Oregon Well-Known Member

Anybody ever go on a Friday? Is it less crowded? Do a lot of vendors skip Fridays?