JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
$17.00 bucks to get in the door. Parking and entrance fee. Bimart $2.00 discount maybe? With the prices so high on this forum and others for all items related to firearms it would most likely be even higher there. Plus the crowds.

SO, NO for me!!! Sorry about the rant!!!

Rose city is better, or larger than the collectors west. More vendors, I like to peruse the Rose City, but the collectors west is just not there for me. Yes prices on ammo will be up there. Piad $250 year ago fro 45acp, last Jan or Feb when I was there, $350 a case. Outragiousness. Which one is in town?

$17.00 bucks to get in the door. Parking and entrance fee. Bimart $2.00 discount maybe? With the prices so high on this forum and others for all items related to firearms it would most likely be even higher there. Plus the crowds.

SO, NO for me!!! Sorry about the rant!!!

IMO, it wasn't a rant. Gun shows are not what they were ten years ago. Even twelve months ago they had become places where vendors over-charged for goods that could be found at local stores and online less costly, and then as you wrote the cost to park and enter is another $17. The only thing I appreciate about guns shows is to look and hold so many different guns. I don't like wasting anyone's time, however, I now have no problem if going to a gun show to examining guns, asking a few questions, and then buying from a lgs.

Rose city is better, or larger than the collectors west. More vendors, I like to peruse the Rose City, but the collectors west is just not there for me. Yes prices on ammo will be up there. Piad $250 year ago fro 45acp, last Jan or Feb when I was there, $350 a case. Outragiousness. Which one is in town?

Agreed. We're lucky to have two shows in the PDX area, so we customers can afford to be picky. And when it comes to gunshows, I'd pick Rose City over Collectors West every time. I tend to find better deals at Rose City. I know there's alot of the same vendors, but for some reason that long skinny building seems to keep prices grounded more than the open spaces of Collectors West.

-Thirtycal

Nope...prices were WAY too high last time I went. With the price of parking and door entry...don't save enough anymore to justify going.

Last time a friend of mine paid $67 for a brick of .22LR all I could think to myself was OUCH!

I'm going to go, to meet up with some friends. I went to one at the Expo center a few months back and it was interesting to be able to see and hold all the firearms. It was good for comparison between models I was interested in. Lots and lots of non-gun stuff there.
Ammo was expensive and a lot of it was reloads, but I'm not interested in buying it anyway.
I'm not expecting great prices, and I'm not really expecting to buy anything...mostly going
for something to do and to see some friends I haven't seen in awhile.

Ten years ago I was going and finding some good deals, but anymore the prices are no better than what you can find everywhere else. The only reason to go now is to be be able to see a lot of variety in one place. The cost of parking and admission fee keeps me away most of the time now.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top