JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Private transfers are totally legal. It would be different if either party were felons,

Not at the gunshow without a background check they're not!

but I have yet to see a law that would make private transfers illegal.
If you are quoting a law I'd like to see it.

I gotts ya gun show background check law right heya!

166.438 Transfer of firearms at gun shows.(1) A transferor other than a gun dealer may not transfer a firearm at a gun show unless the transferor:

(a)(A) Requests a criminal background check under ORS 166.436 prior to completing the transfer;

(B) Receives notification that the recipient is qualified to complete the transfer; and

(C) Has the recipient complete the form described in ORS 166.441; or

(b) Completes the transfer through a gun dealer.

(2) The transferor shall retain the completed form referred to in subsection (1) of this section for at least five years and shall make the completed form available to law enforcement agencies for the purpose of criminal investigations.

(3) A person who organizes a gun show shall post in a prominent place at the gun show a notice explaining the requirements of subsections (1) and (2) of this section. The person shall provide the form required by subsection (1) of this section to any person transferring a firearm at the gun show.

(4) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply if the transferee is licensed as a dealer under 18 U.S.C. 923.

(5)(a) Failure to comply with the requirements of subsection (1), (2) or (3) of this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

(b) Notwithstanding paragraph (a) of this subsection, failure to comply with the requirements of subsection (1), (2) or (3) of this section is a Class C felony if the person has two or more previous convictions under this section.

(6) It is an affirmative defense to a charge of violating subsection (1) or (3) of this section that the person did not know, or reasonably could not know, that more than 25 firearms were at the site and available for transfer. [2001 c.1 §7]

There is also Oregon legal case law where someone was prosecuted for doing a FTF after arraigning a FTF deal at the gunshow to take place later off property FTF.

Not at the gunshow without a background check they're not!

I gotts ya gun show background check law right heya!

There is also Oregon legal case law where someone was prosecuted for doing a FTF after arraigning a FTF deal at the gunshow to take place later off property FTF.

Thanks that's helpful to know that stuff!

2.5 hours each way D:

Thanks for the tip though, but I never head that way these days.

I'm going to Eugene, from PDX, this weekend as was going to buy some of that ammo myself. If you want me to buy you some let me know and I'll pick up some extra boxes. Unfortunatly I think it was something like 26 or 28 dollars for 50. You can e-mail me. my name here at gmail.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top