JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just the Repica (Taylor's #3 ) sadly, A real Schofield would probably take a bite out of the household budget the wife would notice. ^^

It's a hoot to shoot, but the best part is handing it to people who think the Peacemaker was the only gun in the old west, then watching them try to find the ejector rod, releases, etc. (top-break? Huh? :D)

The used holster is mostly as a stopgap measure before putting real money into a good shoulder rig for the big one, but it's good to see so many leatherworkers in the NW. ^^

I'll be there, looking for a golden boy a saiga 12 or a AK. I know... I'm all over the place, but thats what the gun show is for! I get to see everything.

Edit: What time does it open tomorrow? Any reason to not come early?

Observations from Friday:

- ammo prices have come down :)
- if I had to summarize this June show in a few words, it would have to be "Optics". Holy bubblegum - I've never seen so many binoculars, scopes, red dots, holo sights...
- seems the whole right side of the hall is Keiths.
- this show seems kinda 'thin' compared to past ones. Limited selection.
- go see Robert/Willamette VAlley Firearms - good prices on AK47s.
- someone go tell the vendors that SKS's are selling for $200 and under here on NWFA. They are over-priced at the show.

What's up with the guys walking around wearing signs advertising guns privately available for sale? So you can't consummate a private sale at a show w/o a check, but you can troll for business and do the deal off site? Sounds creative, maybe a little sketchy, but if the feds are ok with it, so am I.

What's up with the guys walking around wearing signs advertising guns privately available for sale? So you can't consummate a private sale at a show w/o a check, but you can troll for business and do the deal off site? Sounds creative, maybe a little sketchy, but if the feds are ok with it, so am I.

Can you be sure they aren't going to do the background check there? No the Feds aren't OK with it.

No, the Oregon Law is NOT OK with private sales skipping background checks at a gunshow, defined as more than 25 guns, and it IS ILLEGAL to make a private appointment for a later private sale from a gunshow. There are rumored to be undercover officers trying to sting such private sales. BUT, private sales WITH background checks at a gunshow are perfectly fine, and the VERY handy "Blue Form" for a private background check is freely available at the gunshow office. It requires a ten-dollar credit card charge when you call the State Police for the background check, which clears the gun and the seller and the buyer, and buyers should realize that the gun is then effectively "registered" to them. The Blue Form makes a great receipt too...........................elsullo :s0155:

Can you be sure they aren't going to do the background check there? No the Feds aren't OK with it.

Private transfers are totally legal. It would be different if either party were felons, but I have yet to see a law that would make private transfers illegal. If you are quoting a law I'd like to see it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top