JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I look at the parking and entry cost to the gun shows as an entertainment expense. When I first moved here from Hawaii, I was like a kid in a candy store. It was a lot of fun to walk around and drool over everything. And of course I had to buy something just to put the icing on the cake to make the day!

I look at the parking and entry cost to the gun shows as an entertainment expense. When I first moved here from Hawaii, I was like a kid in a candy store. It was a lot of fun to walk around and drool over everything. And of course I had to buy something just to put the icing on the cake to make the day!

I thought you can own pretty much anything in Hawii as oregon? Just not handgun magazines, carry laws dont exist and ammo is more expensive.

I dunno.
It's been my experience that gun shows don't have any deals that I can't beat at my local gun shop(s).
For the fellow from Hawaii, yeah, I'll bet is was pretty darn cool after living under such tight gun laws. So.. Go and enjoy.

I dunno.
It's been my experience that gun shows don't have any deals that I can't beat at my local gun shop(s).

I worked at the shows for about 3 years. Not only are the deals not any better, but the vendors tend to be sleazier than at brick and mortar stores. Lots of them aren't local, they can screw a customer out of their money, then travel back home where customers aren't likely to see them again.

I'm getting tired of getting raped with parking and admission at the Expo Center gun shows. Now that my kids all qualify for adult admission price, with parking and the kids along it's already $50 bucks liberated from my wallet. I'm not feeling the love these days. :(

I'm getting tired of getting raped with parking and admission at the Expo Center gun shows. Now that my kids all qualify for adult admission price, with parking and the kids along it's already $50 bucks liberated from my wallet. I'm not feeling the love these days. :(
Really.
You start off $20 in the hole just to cross the threshold. Then you get to buy items at Big 5 prices or higher.
I have not found a "gem" at a gun show in 30 years.
There usually is good jerky at these shows, though.

This right here ^^^. Any show at the EXPO for that matter. I haven't gone to the Sportsman's Show in the last two years either. I don't know if a just got old and tight? but.....I think the people in those booths taking $10.00 for a couple/three hours of parking would want to be wearing hoods so their faces don't show!

Really.
You start off $20 in the hole just to cross the threshold. Then you get to buy items at Big 5 prices or higher.

Pretty true, one reason I ride the Max in to save the $10 parking, and only go occasionally. This show was actually unusual for me in that I found one of the older somewhat rarer guns I've been wanting for a while at a reasonable price and even a really cheap partial case of the hard to find ammo for it. I rarely buy anything other than some parts or the occasional non-gun item (belts, posters, etc) or maybe some cheap but questionable ammo.

I stopped going to gun shows about twenty years ago when bric-a-brac and non firearm junk started showing up.
Personally I'd rather find a genuine old style army-navy store to check out. Most everything else can be found online or with some detective work.

Really.

No thank you. You'll never see me there for that reason alone.

Park at the Max stop right next to the racetrack.
Walk in to the gunshow from there.

I do that all the time and it saves me $10 and I get a good walk both ways.

I've always thought that the gun show was a great place to find odd and unique things. It was also a great place to bring the kids. These days, I can find the odd stuff on ebay (and right here) and for what I spend on parking and admission I can spend it on ammo and take the kids to the quarry or Johnson Creek GC.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top