JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As much as I'd like too I can't go on Saturday. Is it worth going on Friday? or Sunday? I mean what % of vendors show on Fri and Sun?
I just like to nose around and look for old gun parts, holsters, grips, and gun magazines from the 60s, maybe some ammo bargains.
I don't mind spending the $9, I just don't want to see t-shirts and chinese flashlights.

ive never gone on a friday, i dont think, but the only problems with sundays is occasional ammo sellouts. i think even that's rare, though- especially right now. i usually go on sundays.

I went on Sunday last Portland show, was very good as far as prices and vendor willingness to haggle. Maybe that's the way Friday and Saturday were too, but Sunday was good. I got there right at opening and a couple of tables still had sheets thrown over them.

I would think Friday is the worse day to go - they know the chompers-at-the-bit will be there and think they are getting the best deal ;)

I usually have my best deals on Friday. Because if i sell out on Friday i don't have to come back the other two days.

Most dealers would rather sell everything Friday so we can spend the weekend with our family's. But here is the break down of how it goes.

Friday, people who know what they want come and get it. a little haggling can be done, but the prices tend to be good.

Saturday, Be Backs / window shoppers. Most dealers know that this is the day of window shoppers. all of them say "ill be back" or "thats a good deal ill come get it before i leave". this = lost sale and annoyed dealer because he just wasted his time on them.

Sunday, most dealers have made enough money over the weekend that they don't need to lower their prices. they have sold enough guns to make the payroll + re-up inventories. The only time you will get a deal on Sunday is if it has been a slow weekend for that dealer, and it is usually only a couple dealers that don't sell that many. and that is because they have high prices anyway. so the deal they are willing to haggle with you over is just as much as the guy across the table had on Friday, but he sold out.

I have noticed that Fridays are normally the days to find 380, 45 long colt and reloading components that are not at a ridiculous price. Sadly I wont have 380 or 45 long colt but will have a bunch of other calibers :D

i'm all stocked up on 5.56 right now, so i've had no intention of attending this show. 5.56 is, i believe, the only thing i've EVER gone for or purchased at a gun show in over a decade, except for one SUPER good deal i found on a USP45 once about 6 years ago that i could not pass up... on my way to the ammo tables.

but i've never, for some reason, even thought about getting pistol ammo there... what kind of deals can a guy find on cases of cheap brass 9emem fmj?

I'm planning to attend the gun show this Fri, my first one ever. I don't yet own a gun but would like to start with a .22 revolver. Can I expect to find more than one or two at the show?

The best thing about the show is selection. you can usually hold all the models in your hand and decide which one is best for you.

So yes there should be more then 1 .22 revolver at the show. Just not at my table :(

You might leave with 5, theres so much its kinda overwhelming at times.

No doubt.

I get a headache when I am there since sometimes I have a good amount of money put aside for the show and go in there with a decision made on a rifle/handgun and then see something better for the same price...lol

So do we know any FFL dealers that will be there and any that could possibly do a selling of a gun for me?

I went on Sunday last month, if you do go on Sunday go early. The vendors start closing up early to get out of there , I've found the vendors are more willing to "deal" so they can atleast get something for their "stuff" before they have to pack it out.....

P.S. SHOP ALL TABLES ! Theres always this one vendor that sells powder for $35-$40 a lb, 1,000 ct primers for $70! :complain: 2 tables away you'll find them @ 1,000 ct of any brand & size for $24.99. And yes, I did stock up !

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top