JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The problem isn't going to be guns after the big one, it's fuel. All of the fuel storage in NW Portland are setting on dredged sand.
All of those tanks will sink into the river when the sand liquefies. Oregon's Seismic Achilles Heel
Be ready for enforced evacuation! They did it in NOLA (remember the door-to-door:mad: gun confiscations!) and will do so again if the area becomes uninhabitable due to quake damage and resulting chemical and radiological spills. Remember :eek: Fukishima.

Be ready for enforced evacuation! They did it in NOLA (remember the door-to-door:mad: gun confiscations!) and will do so again if the area becomes uninhabitable due to quake damage and resulting chemical and radiological spills. Remember :eek: Fukishima.

I would feel safer left behind than packed in with a bunch of idiots

Reading this thread, seem to come down to my own philosophy.
There is a time one must be the sheep dog, and a time one must be the Wolf.
Just my own thing..

I hope the "big one" hits where all these fascist mental midgets decide to gather.

Downtown Portland is very vulnerable - like Seattle, much of it is built on sediment. Many parts of it are also less than 100 feet above sea level - while a tsunami probably would not reach Portland, there may be other sources of flooding, and the ground may subside enough to have the Willamette flood downtown.

Two years and three months to retirement, then I won't be going into Portland 5 days a week.

[\
Downtown Portland is very vulnerable - like Seattle, much of it is built on sediment. Many parts of it are also less than 100 feet above sea level - while a tsunami probably would not reach Portland, there may be other sources of flooding, and the ground may subside enough to have the Willamette flood downtown.

Two years and three months to retirement, then I won't be going into Portland 5 days a week.

Big Bertha is finished drill a tunnel for the Alaska Way viaduct replacement in Seattle. Not sure it will collapse if an earth hits on the Cascadia Fault or not but there are lots of tall buildings in downtown Seattle and Bellevue.

[\

Big Bertha is finished drill a tunnel for the Alaska Way viaduct replacement in Seattle. Not sure it will collapse if an earth hits on the Cascadia Fault or not but there are lots of tall buildings in downtown Seattle and Bellevue.

Yup, I lived in the Seattle area for 25 years and worked downtown the last couple of years there.

The Denny regrade is all fill dirt. I doubt much will be left standing in Seattle proper and the waterfront will probably be underwater. Then there are all the estuaries and tidal flats and so on. Not to mention all the people who built on the side of steep hills and even on the edge of cliffs. It will be a mess.

Well you can see the quandary they have, how will they manage who lives and who dies in an emergency when folks are armed and won't agree with the government decisions. Government protects itself and will maintain itself no matter what happens. If it comes to giving the last bite of food to a fat hungry buearcrat or your starving kid government will feed itself. Of course they don't want you to have guns, you might eat the fat buearcrats :D

We need one unified American state that honors human rights.... dividing as a nation is not the answer.

Educating folks about gun safety, the 2nd amendment, and being good stewards/neighbors is what will change the attitude towards disarmament.
The big problem is the polarizing tactics of BOTH sides :( while I agree there needs to be an unified nation, it does not seem likely when the media and all the pundits and talking heads and social media people feel the need to keep polarizong, divisive, and press for a complete rejection of either side, and refuse to find common ground.
On topic; eh. Just means I don't need to work in Portlandia that badly :rolleyes: plenty of job opportunities away from there that I've been applying to. We shall see.

The big problem is the polarizing tactics of BOTH sides :( while I agree there needs to be an unified nation, it does not seem likely when the media and all the pundits and talking heads and social media people feel the need to keep polarizong, divisive, and press for a complete rejection of either side, and refuse to find common ground.
On topic; eh. Just means I don't need to work in Portlandia that badly :rolleyes: plenty of job opportunities away from there that I've been applying to. We shall see.

Sadly when there was common ground, one side always goes after more ground.:rolleyes:
Social Security, Taxes, income taxes, land taxes, fuel taxes, fees, etc all start out as a need
and turns into a take. Very few Bonds Levy's ever are repealed at the end of their stretch.
Very few Temp Taxes are ever repealed back to their original state. It goes from the top to the bottom in this
country with people saying one thing and doing another, its why I have such a bad taste for groups like OFF and the NRA.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top