JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Whoop-de-do, some do-nothing measures pass. Portland has an idiot for a mayor and idiots on the city council, what else is new. :p

I'm sure our youth will be much safer now that people who aren't allowed to have guns will now be... uh... MORE not allowed to have guns.:s0077:

What a joke.

9088923-large.jpg

The exclusion zones were already deemed unconstitutional when Portland tried it on the prostitutes. Why would these meat heads waste taxpayers dollars defending a law that has already been ruled on?

The gang bangers don't care what laws are passed. They will do what they want anyway. These new laws are nothing more than a smoke screen to cover up the Mayor and City Council members failure to attack the root of the gun violence problem. No punishment for the kid starting out in crime. Shop lift, car theft, burglary. They just get a slap on the wrist. No deterrent to stop them from repeating their illegal actions. We are not doing them any favors, we are leading them down a road of criminal lifestyle.

What I find particularly amusing is that teens previously charged with a gun crime have a 7:00pm curfew.

"OK son, You can go out on the prowl but be home before 7:00pm like uncle Sammy says or you'll be in big trouble mister!"

woman-wagging-finger.gif

[from article...]
Adams noted that 4 out of 10 homicides in the city are committed with guns.

And if there were no guns in Portland, this would've read:

Adams noted that 4 out of 10 homicides in the city are committed with knives.

And if there were no knives in Portland, this would've read:

Adams noted that 4 out of 10 homicides in the city are committed with baseball bats.

Need I continue? Yes, there are bad people. No, legislating the murder weapon out of existence does not magically make them good people. Ugh.

This is the most meaningless piece of "look I'm doing something" crap I have ever seen. Doesn't bother me, as a legal gun owner/carrier, but what the ****? Does this do anything? Pointless.

The exclusion zones were already deemed unconstitutional when Portland tried it on the prostitutes. Why would these meat heads waste taxpayers dollars defending a law that has already been ruled on?

The gang bangers don't care what laws are passed. They will do what they want anyway. These new laws are nothing more than a smoke screen to cover up the Mayor and City Council members failure to attack the root of the gun violence problem. No punishment for the kid starting out in crime. Shop lift, car theft, burglary. They just get a slap on the wrist. No deterrent to stop them from repeating their illegal actions. We are not doing them any favors, we are leading them down a road of criminal lifestyle.
Well said GG.

And if there were no guns in Portland, this would've read:

And if there were no knives in Portland, this would've read:

Need I continue? Yes, there are bad people. No, legislating the murder weapon out of existence does not magically make them good people. Ugh.

I think it would more likely read, evil assault knives, whose only purpose is to kill, and high capacity baseball bats, that should only be in the hands of professionally licensed ball players.

:s0114:

only half kidding.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews