JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For the most part I agree but . . . What if you were to fill the meeting with firearm loving patriots, say a hundred or three, the council would have to take notice! And what if everyone one of those had a handful of fliers to pass around? And the fliers were invitations to a local firearm shooting event where they could learn to safely fire a real live gun without it costing them a dime!!!! The real question is, are there 300 gun loving people in the portland/vancouver area who would be interested in seeing their rights restored?

Sounds great... but then they would have dismissed you as "extremists" that cling to your guns and whatever religion you practice. Progressive don't give a SMACK what you (or the masses for that matter) want... they will do EXACTLY what they have determind to do... it was just a formailty that the public was given any forum at all.

Sounds great... but then they would have dismissed you as "extremists" that cling to your guns and whatever religion you practice. Progressive don't give a SMACK what you (or the masses for that matter) want... they will do EXACTLY what they have determind to do... it was just a formailty that the public was given any forum at all.

Ahh, my friend you are defeated before you even give yourself a chance. :(

[QUOTESounds great... but then they would have dismissed you as "extremists" that cling to your guns and whatever religion you practice. Progressive don't give a SMACK what you (or the masses for that matter) want... they will do EXACTLY what they have determind to do... it was just a formailty that the public was given any forum at all.[/QUOTE]

You missed a good show then, when about 80% of the people in attendance when it counted were progressives OPPOSING the bill.

The PCC is managing votes and not social/crime interventions. As was pointed out in an earlier response on this topic Portland has many liberal gun and legal gun toting folks that see through all this smoke screen. When the minority and neighborhoods wake up to what they (PCC) are doing many more young people will have died. As what has been seen by the court's past history which the mayor illustrated, teen gun violators were re-released back to the streets.

A point is that the city administrators do not have the necessary reality perspective nor the discipline to do what needs to be done to correct the problems of youth-youth gun violence on the street. They are trying to manage their "rapport" with their voters. Deceptive they are and how naive many voters are. If the voter had sufficient social-political perceptive and judgement skills they would not have voted these folks in. These are so many excellant Portland Police capable of doing the job but "city" politics stops the police from disposing with the vermin. Anybody want to move their residence from the burbs to the City of Portland?

Sam Adams Back door  Porter.jpg

In the region of some of the best micro brews, you still have to watch the backdoor politics...

Sam Adams Back door  Porter.jpg

The problem is also that these politicians/city administrators don't look at their past failures (i.e. Chicago) and LEARN from them. Anytime more strict laws against criminals are implemented, they can't grasp the concept that the only people who follow the law are the LAW-ABIDERS. :s0054:
-I know that I'm preaching to the choir but maybe we should give this a chance...
Maybe the criminals will now schedule their gun-related crimes before the curfew?!? Who wants a murder charge AND a curfew violation too? That's just poor planning!

You missed a good show then, when about 80% of the people in attendance when it counted were progressives OPPOSING the bill.

And that is EXACLTY why I DO NOT "broad-brush" everyone by their "political affiliation" when it comes to "humans being"... there are many shades of grey, and WISDOM must be applied in each circumstance... except for Bugeye, he's a cookie-cutter lefty and its open season on him! (just kidding... who loves ya, buggy?! :D )

Although we may disagree on a few things, and at times "I illustrate the absurd by being absurd", I respect you for your displayed stance and restraint in the use of "talking points", brainless "sound bytes", and "punditry"... and THAT I can work with. :s0155:

And that is EXACLTY why I DO NOT "broad-brush" everyone by their "political affiliation" when it comes to "humans being"... there are many shades of grey, and WISDOM must be applied in each circumstance... except for Bugeye, he's a cookie-cutter lefty and its open season on him! (just kidding... who loves ya, buggy?! :D )

Although we may disagree on a few things, and at times "I illustrate the absurd by being absurd", I respect you for your displayed stance and restraint in the use of "talking points", brainless "sound bytes", and "punditry"... and THAT I can work with. :s0155:

You're appreciated...

Headline: Sunday Oregonian "Chicago sees spike in cop killings" (see page A7). So our city government drafted new gun laws after the models from other great cities. So maybe with time the city's police may go the way of Chicago. As the Oregonian reported :Crime/Gang culture contributes to a higher toll from slayings and assaults" in Chicago. So, if the Chicago's stats show an increase in the killing of police, and the increased shooting of their youth, buy what miracle will the City of Portland escape all of this?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top