JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a Portland or Beaverton (Westside, generally) gunsmith. Specifically, I'm needing someone to cut down an FAL barrel, rethread it, and install a compensator.

I've never used a gunsmith before, so don't know who around here is reputable. Would appreciate your input!

Tornado is as good as it gets for that kind of work. I've used him a number of times. Like said though, wait times can be long, but my thought has always been that perfection is worth waiting for... Mike is a good guy and will chat with you to make sure the outcome is as good as possible. He's come up with solutions a couple times for me that were even better than what I went in there hoping for.

I'll look into Tornado if I have need of some more involved work, but for my purposes, I think the wait time might exceed the technical requirements of simply correctly cutting the barrel and rethreading it.

Tornado tech seems to be the place, I've had a 10/22 bull barrel threaded there and it works great.. But the website still says they are not accepting rifle barrels, it's been that way for the better part of a year now.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top