JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Fellas,

Looking to get my paperwork taken care of so I can carry in Washington. I've heard the best route to that would be to go through Utah's system.

Can any of you recommend a class that will get me squared away with Utah and/or Washington that's in the Portland metro area? Preferably with a class coming up sooner rather than later? I'm willing to go through even one of those outdoors shop or gun store backroom lecture classes, as this is more a paperwork and legality matter than real training for me.

Thanks!

Hello.

WA does not require a class. Walk into the Clark Co Sheriffs Office here in Vancouver, fill out the paperwork, get your prints taken. As long as you are not a prohibited person your license will arrive in 61 days.

I had the paperwork filled out beforehand, took me a total of 15 minutes.

Here is everything you need. They are nice folks as well. Keep in mind they are very busy lately. I went during a weekday morning.

http://www.clark.wa.gov/sheriff/community/firearms.html

For the folks that do not know, if you are out of state they are still
shall issue. I had a permit as a CA resident and now as a WA resident. Exact same very easy process.

Fill out the app beforehand to save time. Its in my link.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Threat Dynamics is a forum sponsor. Click on their banner. They have a Utah class. Must be a Utah certified instructor. Washington recognizes the Utah permit so you do not need a WA permit also.

Fellas,

Looking to get my paperwork taken care of so I can carry in Washington. I've heard the best route to that would be to go through Utah's system.

Can any of you recommend a class that will get me squared away with Utah and/or Washington that's in the Portland metro area? Preferably with a class coming up sooner rather than later? I'm willing to go through even one of those outdoors shop or gun store backroom lecture classes, as this is more a paperwork and legality matter than real training for me.

Thanks!

If you have a Whole Sale Sports nearby they offer a Utah Concealed Carry class. At least the one close to me offers the training.

Hello.

WA does not require a class. Walk into the Clark Co Sheriffs Office here in Vancouver, fill out the paperwork, get your prints taken. As long as you are not a prohibited person your license will arrive in 61 days.

I had the paperwork filled out beforehand, took me a total of 15 minutes.

Here is everything you need. They are nice folks as well. Keep in mind they are very busy lately. I went during a weekday morning.

Community Information - Clark County Sheriff - Clark County Washington

For the folks that do not know, if you are out of state they are still
shall issue. I had a permit as a CA resident and now as a WA resident. Exact same very easy process.

Fill out the app beforehand to save time. Its in my link.

Well, hot damn, that's simple. Guess I'm gonna need to be an hour or two late to work sometime this week.

Yeah man its super easy. When they put out of state will take 60 days, they mean it. Got mine in CA on day 61. When I moved up here the address change and re issue took 31. Its got to be one of the easier states to get a permit, besides the constitutional carry states.

Good luck.

I have taken classes at MK Tactical and Beavercreek Armory -- both in Hillsboro. And at A Place to Shoot in Portland.
All were adequate.

You can also take classes on-line.

I recommend visiting OFF and buying their book. --> Link in sidebar.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top