Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Portland-area Utah and/or Washington CHL Classes?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Will_Power, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Will_Power

Will_Power OR via OK Active Member

Fellas,

Looking to get my paperwork taken care of so I can carry in Washington. I've heard the best route to that would be to go through Utah's system.

Can any of you recommend a class that will get me squared away with Utah and/or Washington that's in the Portland metro area? Preferably with a class coming up sooner rather than later? I'm willing to go through even one of those outdoors shop or gun store backroom lecture classes, as this is more a paperwork and legality matter than real training for me.

Thanks!

2. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

Hello.

WA does not require a class. Walk into the Clark Co Sheriffs Office here in Vancouver, fill out the paperwork, get your prints taken. As long as you are not a prohibited person your license will arrive in 61 days.

I had the paperwork filled out beforehand, took me a total of 15 minutes.

Here is everything you need. They are nice folks as well. Keep in mind they are very busy lately. I went during a weekday morning.

http://www.clark.wa.gov/sheriff/community/firearms.html

For the folks that do not know, if you are out of state they are still
    shall issue. I had a permit as a CA resident and now as a WA resident. Exact same very easy process.

Fill out the app beforehand to save time. Its in my link.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

3. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

Threat Dynamics is a forum sponsor. Click on their banner. They have a Utah class. Must be a Utah certified instructor. Washington recognizes the Utah permit so you do not need a WA permit also.

4. Rotty

Rotty Skagit County Active Member

If you have a Whole Sale Sports nearby they offer a Utah Concealed Carry class. At least the one close to me offers the training.

5. Will_Power

Will_Power OR via OK Active Member

Well, hot damn, that's simple. Guess I'm gonna need to be an hour or two late to work sometime this week.

6. duane black

Yeah man its super easy. When they put out of state will take 60 days, they mean it. Got mine in CA on day 61. When I moved up here the address change and re issue took 31. Its got to be one of the easier states to get a permit, besides the constitutional carry states.

Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

7. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have taken classes at MK Tactical and Beavercreek Armory -- both in Hillsboro. And at A Place to Shoot in Portland.
    All were adequate.

You can also take classes on-line.

I recommend visiting OFF and buying their book. --> Link in sidebar.

8. soulrider

soulrider Aloha/Beaverton Member

How did you get a CA permit? I thought it was hard to get one there? There are classes all over for multi state

9. duane black

10. soulrider

soulrider Aloha/Beaverton Member

OH gotcha. I misread your post

11. He man

He man Portland New Member

I have my Utah. I then bought a new house and now my Utah has my old address. Do i just call to get it changed or do i need to go through everything again?