Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Portland area stores for components

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by SomeDude, Feb 24, 2014.

1. SomeDude

SomeDude Portland, OR Reclaimer

I'm trying to make sure I haven't missed any places to get powder, primers, bullets and brass. Mostly concerned with primers and powder since the hazmat fees make online purchasing pretty steep. I'm talking from Hillsboro to about Oregon City, maybe Gresham. I know many places haven't seen certain items in a while (i.e. powders at Bimart) but technically sell them.
    Sportsman's Warehouse
    Fisherman's
    Bimart
    *some Walmart (the northernmost one on 82nd)
    NW Armory
    Curts

Any places I'm missing?

2. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Make sure to check the reloading classifieds here.

3. SomeDude

SomeDude Portland, OR Reclaimer

Of course. I always start here for everything.

4. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Sportsman's and Fisherman's Marine has had handgun primers on a fairly regular basis, unless that changed in the last couple of months? If you buy a larger quantity of primers through Powder Valley you can still save money over local....Maybe sell a few on the board if you can handle the initial pay out?

Powders for hand gun? Phhtt!

5. huthuthike

huthuthike Hillsboro OR Active Member

I bought primers at Big 5 in the last 2 months. They were "on sale" for $40/1000 but they were in stock.

civilian75 likes this.
  6. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

Spoortsman's in vancouver has had tons of primers lately,and no silly limits of 1 or 2 hundred.
    for bullets,misterman on this board is great to deal with if he has what you want.
    facebook has many gun-related pages now,and several are geared for buying and selling of brass,bulets,dies,etc.

7. herrbecker

herrbecker Portland Member

I know what you mean. Their prices are steep, and that's stating it nicely. Nevertheless, a bird in hand....

8. herrbecker

herrbecker Portland Member

I think I've seen reloading components at Shooter's Service Center in St. Johns.

9. bobnall

bobnall hillsboro, or New Member

I've tried about the places as you, and with the exception of primers (found at both Hillsboro and Forest Grove Bi-Mart) totally out of luck on finding powder. Called Powder Valley about 10 minutes ago. They are out of all 5 powders I could use (reloading .45acp and .38spl). I'm new at this and have most everything I need except powder. Guess it's just a waiting game now, but don't understand an industry that has a huge demand and seems unwilling/unable to satisfy it. This has probably been discussed ad nauseum elsewhere, but still frustrating.

10. 10 Spot Terminator

10 Spot Terminator Central Oregon Member

Sportsmans Warehouse is having a Grand Opening in Hillsbboro tomorrow and may have some powder for the event .

11. nastybynature

nastybynature ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Active Member

I have to second mrarman for components if he has what you need. Especially projectiles. His prices are fair and John is a good guy to deal with.

12. bobnall

bobnall hillsboro, or New Member

Just heard about the grand opening tomorrow and plan on getting there. Finding the gunpowder would be better than sex. At least sex is available.....:).

13. nastybynature

nastybynature ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Active Member

I heard they are giving away $20 gift cards to the first 20 people in line.....