JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
looking to SBR 2 rifles soon, I can chop and crown them, but looking to find a place to thread and engrave the 2 rifles. Dont want to deal with shipping and needs to be centric so I can run cans on it.

Thanks

Only smith I trust with barrel threading is @Velzey

He is in Estacada and might be fighting for his livelihood currently with the wildfires however.

Best engraving in the area is Cascade Laser Engraving it of Newberg. Same day service usually, and costs are silly cheap. Ask for Tara.

Thanks! Yes this will be post fires, but before I file, I want to have my ducks line up. He can thread w/o barrel removal correct?

File now. Don't wait. My last efile during all this 2020 took 3 months over the usual 1.

You can figure out the rest later.

Thanks! Yes this will be post fires, but before I file, I want to have my ducks line up. He can thread w/o barrel removal correct?
Uncertain. I'd refer to Tim once available. I've known smiths to thread barrels without removing them as well as removing them.

You trollin me?

I literally have a CAI imported Romarms SAR-1 that is being threaded by @Velzey and he had to remove the barrel to truly get it done correctly and asked if I want it re-parkerized or custom cerakoted. I went with the latter and just waiting for everything to get back to normal.

It'll be the future host for a Dead Air Wolverine. :)

Last Edited:
I was wondering why it would need a refinish, and to my understanding places with the right machine or speed can do it no issue. Id rather not mess with barrel removal on an AK

Looking back seems i didn't mention gun type ;)

If threading is all one needs, the this tool can be used at home. You just need to have the bbl cut, gas port relocated, gas block and fsb relocated and pinned, and all that needs to be in harmony with the stock or Krink gas piston length and location relative to the gas block. Then you'll need a smaller handguard, trimmed down gas tube and gas tube heat shield. I have some unobtanium parts for making this work nicely.

1EF4A29F-EF5C-4455-A6D9-178E49F8446E.jpeg

My Mini-Me pistol build from 15+ yrs ago
393D9CA0-AA8E-4427-AB04-876B7CCEED52.jpeg

Last Edited:
I was wondering why it would need a refinish, and to my understanding places with the right machine or speed can do it no issue. Id rather not mess with barrel removal on an AK

Looking back seems i didn't mention gun type ;)

I believe ak barrrels frequently need to be refinished due to scratches and such from press fitting. I need to get down to Estacada to get my Draco re barrelled and threaded. (I am planning on 5/8 x 24 I think) The threads on my draco are crazy off and due to barrel length, well, a new barrel will probably just be better.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top