Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Portland Area Mini 14 Trigger Job?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by teflon97239, Feb 8, 2015.

1. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Trust me, I'm not trying to turn my pre-2005 stainless ranch mini 14 into a feather-touch match-grade rifle... just hoping to take a pound or two of pull out of the heaviest trigger pull on any of my weps.

Didn't find it so excessive on a Mini 30 I owned, but it's very noticable on this one. I don't believe it's defective. Just 30% heavier than it needs to be.

So who does good job around Portland, and what might I expect to invest in the mod? Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  2. mikeybuck

mikeybuck Clark county Active Member

I had brimstone do mine. I give it two thumbs up!

3. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Thanks Mikey, a few others I know also recommended Brimstone, first choice, so I phoned them today. The price is right, they're local enough and I like their one-week turnaround.

I don't have the right instrument, but I'll try to measure the pull with a simple laundry scale. I assume they'll measure before and after trigger pulls, so it'll be interesting to compare.

Now I just have to yank the trigger group and get it to them!

4. Bxc53

Bxc53 Arlington Wa Member

Brimstone did my Mini14 trigger. It came out great and the price was very reasonable. :s0155: