Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Portland and puyallup. Who's going?

Discussion in 'Events & Get Togethers' started by oregonswamper, Nov 16, 2010.

1. oregonswamper

oregonswamper Salem Active Member

So which one will you being going to sense they both are on the same weekend? I'll be in puyallup but will have booths at both :thumbup:

2. sigman

sigman Olympia, Wa Member

I will be at the WAC show if I don't have to work Friday/Saturday night.

3. atypicalparkie

atypicalparkie sowfeast poetland, ohraygun Member

I'm in PDX so that's where I'll be... looking for a 1911-type in 9mm for a replacement ccw (pm'd suggestions VERY welcomed!!). Ohhhh I hope there's a used few to look at. I just sold my Kahr yesterday so was carrying my full-scale GSG .22 1911 today :laugh: Ah well, .22lr better than nothin' and if it was good enough for Mossad...

Hey I'll be the 5'7" nerdy lookin' guy with glasses & a cane wearing an orange jacket if anybody wants to say hi (and offer me advice?!). I'll definitely be there Friday, depending on my luck maybe saturday and sunday too.

4. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

I'll be at the PDX show with the usual kit.
    I'll have the last 8 Del-Tons from the $699 deal there.

If you are on the fence about buying a Kahr, come see me at the show, and maybe I can make a deal you can't pass up.

5. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

I'm gonna pop in about 3PM on Friday, looking for the usual Hungarian M95 longrifle or M35.

Keith

6. ABG/CORVALLISGUNS

ABG/CORVALLISGUNS CORVALLIS,OREGON Member

Hope to see everyone at the Expo this weekend stop by and mention your a member of North West Firearms and recieve 10% off accessories.:thumbup:

7. Dell_dude

Dell_dude Vancouver, WA Member

I might go by the PDX show.

8. oasis618

oasis618 Tacoma, Wa Active Member

I'll be at the WAC show in Puyallup.

9. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

I may go to the Portland Show on Sunday. Is it similar to other shows there where everyone packs up early on Sunday? Are the discounts/deals better on the last day? I've never been to a gun show, this'll be my first one...

Greg

10. Redneck_Riot

Redneck_Riot Lake Stevens, WA Member

I am going to the Portland show for the first time, have high expectations that it will be better than the last show I attended in Las Vegas.

But the real question is can you Oregon Fella's top the Puyallup?

OK I tried out the Portland show, and I rate my overall experience as average. The prices Were high on most guns I saw,it is my opinion that guns at shows should cost less than at a shop and I did not see any Real bargains, Is it just my opinion or is this shared by other members here?

What has happened to the price negotiations that used to be a mainstay, and the private seller tables that not so long ago were prevalent?
    My opinion - not enough value to spend eight dollars to park and another nine for admission. I prefer WAC atleast there folks are willing to haggle with you.

11. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Haven't gone to a PDX show since before summer. Maybe I'll swoop in Friday afternoon for a look around.

12. turboss

turboss Puyallup Member

WAC show since it is 5 minutes from my house

13. Glock32

Glock32 Marion county, or Active Member

:thumbup:pdx to buy a pistol from coctailor

14. MCKilo 3/5

MCKilo 3/5 Central, OR Member

Won't be able to make the PDX show this time. Living in Prineville makes it a bit of a haul.
    Crappy weather is forcasted so I'll catch the next show in Redmond.

15. turboss

turboss Puyallup Member

16. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

neither cause both shows will be thin with venders as they will be split up as some of the same venders usually do both shows and cant be in 2 places at the same time . The last portland show i went to they pulled this stunt yes they had had some cool army trucks to look at but the selection was poor and a waist of money i didn't find anything i was looking for.

17. gogoDawgs

gogoDawgs Federal Way, WA Active Member

manning the Open Carry table....

18. SLOCIVIC

SLOCIVIC Olympia New Member

WAC... 2 tables...

19. husker

husker portland Active Member

I went to the portland show. Had not been in a year or so. Paid more to park then it was to get in. As soon as I wwalked in I figured it was a waste of money. Seemed very small. I dont think I will be back.

20. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

Agree, the Portland show was half of what it normally is. Even Keiths was small. Waste of time. I think black Friday will have better deals at the stores.