JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone ever had one built?

If so who did you have build the upper, and how much did it cost?

I've been toying around with the idea of getting a dedicated 22lr upper built for my AR and having it integrally suppressed so it's a 1 stamp deal rather than 2 since it will technically be SBR, but integral keeps it 16" barrel length even though the suppressor takes up 6-8" of that length. but being permanently attached to the barrel makes it not SBR and gives the ability to port the barrel and vent the ports inside the can so cheap bulk ammo will fire subsonic out of the rifle rather than supersonic while maintaining a longer rifled barrel rather than trimming it to 3.5" to keep the ammo subsonic.

I thought about having it done to my 15-22, but I don't want to not have my gun for a year since nobody makes replacement barrels for the 15-22, the only way to have it done is with the existing barrel.

I'm thinking it would be cheaper in the long run to just get an upper built that way I'm not without my plinker and swapping between 22lr and 5.56x45 is just 2 pins and a mag away...

Haven't done this, however I did order in a factory barrel for my 15/22 for another project. It took a very long time to get, and I decided to go another route by the time it arrived. Should you decide to move forward I have a brand new barrel sitting in the back of the safe, and would part with it for what I paid.

Haven't done this, however I did order in a factory barrel for my 15/22 for another project. It took a very long time to get, and I decided to go another route by the time it arrived. Should you decide to move forward I have a brand new barrel sitting in the back of the safe, and would part with it for what I paid.

Clear out your inbox and shoot me a PM with a price. I'll take it off your hands :D

I pretty much just don't want my rifle locked up in NFA jail for 9 months. rather just be able to lock up a spare barrel in NFA jail while I wait for my form 4 stamp. having the barrel modified to be integrally suppressed takes about a week between shipping and shop work. (shop I originally looked at has 1 day turn around times)

Why not either 1.) F1 an sbr lower so this becomes a non issue, or 2.) Just buy a sealed can and have it permanently attached to a barrel to give the barrel an OAL of 16"-16.5"? The SBR route would be the cheapest and easiest assuming you already have a 22lr can. Or you could go full douche and get one of those Sig Arm braces and shoulder it.

Sounds like a custom job to me. If I were going to do that I would call up Tom Denall over in Central Oregon, he's been an 02/07 for years and can build you whatever you want. I had the opportunity to shoot one of his Silent Destroyers (Ruger 77 in .44 magnum to which he added an integral suppressor). He does custom stuff at a reasonable shop rate. His e-mail is [email protected]

Have a 16 inch bull barrel back bored 11.5" leaving only 4.5" of barrel so hi velocity ammo will stay subsonic then stuff it full of sealed baffles so the entire baffle stack will just slide out even after several thousand rounds.
No need for ports as the barrel bore is only 4.5" and more than twice the amount of baffles makes it quieter
than any muzzle can.
This 22 integral worked so good I did a 10/22 barrel and a single shot TC contender barrel too.

10-22integralbarrel2w.jpg ARinteg22w.jpg ARinteg221w.jpg DSCN2112w.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads