JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I made some mat board (solid cardboard) spacers to hide under the replaceable grip panels on my 22/45 resulting in a better/wider feel, like a 1911, and tighter groups. Photo shows my 1/16" thick spacers flanked by the thin stock grip panels.

Now I want to add some weight to the pistol, down low, so the obvious solution is to replace my cardboard spacers with heavier sheet metal shims. Probably a 10-minute job for someone with a metal cutting band saw and steadier hands than mine.

Anyone in/around Portland up to this? I have templates and/or the actual parts to trace. And cash.

Thanks in advance.
[email protected]

photo 4.jpg

No answer to your question, but FYI regular 1911 panels fit the 22/45. You
have to remove a small amount of material on the left panel to clear the
slide release, and may need regular 1911 grip screws, but the hole
spacing etc are. the same.

No answer to your question, but FYI regular 1911 panels fit the 22/45. You
have to remove a small amount of material on the left panel to clear the
slide release, and may need regular 1911 grip screws, but the hole
spacing etc are. the same.

You are correct sir!

I have several sets around the house, including a pair in rattlesnake skin I got for $5 at a gunshow in San Diego. And that trimmed corner is easy to do, especially on the rubber ones. But none of them add the extra weight I'm looking for. So some heavier spacer plates under the skinny stock Ruger grips (actually made by Hogue) should be just the ticket for the wider grip I like as well as some stabilizing mass, which helps me at the range.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top