JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well Me an my Pops went shooting this weekend, and he was shooting his Beretta 92 9mm..He would Fire a round and it would not eject the case, it kept doing this.. So i picked up an empty shell case to take a look at it and what do ya know he loaded his magazine with .380 ammo lol... and not 9mm... (hes old so I didnt give him to much crap for it:s0112:) but it was till quite funny...

Well Me an my Pops went shooting this weekend, and he was shooting his Beretta 92 9mm..He would Fire a round and it would not eject the case, it kept doing this.. So i picked up an empty shell case to take a look at it and what do ya know he loaded his magazine with .380 ammo lol... and not 9mm... (hes old so I didnt give him to much crap for it:s0112:) but it was till quite funny...

I hope it only "kept doing this" for one or two more rounds because that sounds like it could be BIG trouble!

he only fired 5 rounds...

One more reason why I only shoot one caliber... i highly doubt i will be putting .223 in my Handguns or .40 in my AR

With all due respect to your father and you, I'm still looking for the LOL part of the equation. Loading the wrong ammo into the wrong gun doesn't really strike my funny bone...

With all due respect to your father and you, I'm still looking for the LOL part of the equation. Loading the wrong ammo into the wrong gun doesn't really strike my funny bone...

Well unless i have been miss informed, .380 is basically a 9mm short.. Soo that would mean the shell casings are the same in diameter.... correct? and if there is a difference in the diameter its very little..

It is the same caliber with a case length 2mm shorter than the Para. It just doesn't seem funny to stick the wrong caliber in a gun. Like I said, no offense to you or your dad...

A friend put a .270 round into a 7mm. It makes a distict sound when it goes off. Didn't blow totally but he was lucky to be wearing glass. This is why i have one hunting rifle caliber.

Well it is a. LOL for me. An honest, buit not too damgerous mistake. 380. Is a 9mm "kurtz". Kurtz is german for short. The 380 acp. Is 9mm x 17mm. And charged to a lower pressure. The. 9mm parabellum. Or ( for war). Is 9mm x 19mm and has a higher pressure charge. Putting a 380 in a 9 x 19 although not recommended, is about like putting a 22 long. In a 22 long rifle chamber. Can fire but not enough power to cycle the action. If oyu r ever going to screw up, this one one of the safer ones. PLEASE. Check each round befor you load from now on. And pass this on as a good example for future generations.
Thanks for sharing.
A1

I once had a friend of mine shoot a .40 cal. round out of his 1911 .45 pistol hahahahah. The shell had a nice split on one side and that was it. I have never shot the wrong caliber out of any firearm.

I once fire-formed a 9mm to .40 S&W halfway through a magazine. I thought it was a squib initially since there was no recoil.

I've since become more systematic about keeping ammo separate rather than in piles on the tailgate of the pickup :s0001:

I've known a couple ppl that have shot 22 LR out of 22 Magnum revolvers. They both thought the shells were supposed to split. They both ended up in a weekend class with me to go over firearms safety and proper use.

Good to hear nothing was damaged, human or firearm.

I was having a friendly competition with my old boss who owns a range. It was kind of like 'horse' but with guns instead of basketballs. Long story short, he somehow picked up one of my 9mm hollow points I unchambered from my glock, and managed to load it into his .40 FNP range gun he was shooting with. Odd thing was, although it didn't fully cycle the gun, that shot was more accurate than I was with my G17. I am not a bad shot, but he is an amazing shooter. I still have the case, which expanded to fill the .40 chamber. Utterly amazing how well he shot that 9mm through a much larger barrel.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top