JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I take issue with a man who recently came out and gave support for dissolution of marriage by making it more "streamlined".

I am a Bible believing Christian and Lord willing I will be until the day I die or am called home.

I do not agree with this religious elitism that the Catholic Church is. They are setup the same way the Pharisees and Sadducees were.

The point:
What this does is put people out of touch with the actual struggles of the daily man. It makes rules and reason for everything. By doing this they end up with this "better than you" which in turn is no different than the politicians here running this country.

It's to no surprise that they share the same twisted ideas. Maybe they forgot about their own inquisition and how the people couldn't rebel against such a powerful force in the land.

I also believe that they forget they are supposed to follow Mans law UNTIL it conflicts with Gods law (abortion, pedophilia, divorce, praying to Mary etc..) and are to obey all government because it was established by God. That part about obeying government was written by Paul while in Rome and WHILE Nero was burning Christians alive at stakes for torch light.

The same 2nd Amendment was written by a government to protect THE people from that same type of government that would burn the people for pure amusement.

I am not amused.
(And I apologize to anyone who may take offense to this- opinions are like feet. Everyone has them and some stink.)

I heard on the radio yesterday that the Pope wants people to send in jokes, seriously I heard it while driving back from Bend yesterday.

I thought about sending this one....

Why did Popeye punch the Pope in the face? Because he went to Mt. Olive.

:s0140:
Try this one.....

The Pope Drives
Previous Next
The Pope goes to New York. He is picked up at the airport by a limousine. He looks at the beautiful car and says to the driver, ''You know, I hardly ever get to drive. Would you please let me?''
The driver is understandably hesitant and says, ''I'm sorry, but I don't think I'm supposed to do that.''
But the pope persists, ''Please?''
The driver finally lets up. ''Oh, all right, I can't really say no to the pope.''
So the pope takes the wheel, and boy, is he a speed demon! He hits the gas and goes around 100 mph in a 45 zone. A policeman notices and pulls him over. The cop walks up and asks the pope to roll down the window. Startled and surprised, the young officer asks the pope to wait a minute. He goes back to his patrol car and radios the chief.
Cop: ''Chief, I have a problem.''
Chief: ''What sort of problem?''
Cop: ''Well, you see, I pulled over this guy for driving way over the speed limit but it's someone really important.''
Chief: ''Important like the mayor?''
Cop: ''No, no, much more important than that.''
Chief: ''Important like the governor?''
Cop: ''Wayyyyyy more important than that.''
Chief: ''Like the president?''
Cop: ''More.''
Chief: ''Who's more important than the president?''
Cop: ''I don't know, but he's got the pope DRIVING for him!''

I really don't think the media accurately reports what the Pope says or the context it was said in. The media has turned this to politics and gun control is a political issue. Not knowing what he really says all you are getting is what media wants to tell you, I have far less faith they would ever be truthful.

Media may inaccurately report but I just hear the Pope on the radio saying himself (slow and in broken english) we can not continue to allow future generations deal with climate change'... or something exactly to that effect. I would like to remind him that my cavemen ancestors, while watching those glaciers retreat from Seattle, Missoula, N.Y.C., the Great Lakes region, etc... left the problem for their future generations to deal with so WTF!

"For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory." Deuteronomy 20:4 (NIV)

"The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the LORD."
Proverbs 21:31 (NIV)

"Blessed are the peacemakers; for they shall be called the children of God"

And if ISIS attempts to make good on their threats, how will he feel then? Does he expect Christians to be slaughtered and not take up arms against everyone ranging from common criminals to Islamic terrorists?

The Lord was a man of war.

Oh this quote is great:
""It makes me think of ... people, managers, businessmen who call themselves Christian and they manufacture weapons. That leads to a bit a distrust, doesn't it?" he said to applause."

So pope. Does Glock, Berretta and H&K have one of those special pope blessings like the crusaders had that gets them straight into Heaven?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corps_of_Gendarmerie_of_Vatican_City
"The Gendarmerie is equipped with the Glock 17 semi-automatic pistol in 9 mm Parabellum as the standard issue weapon.

They also have more powerful weapons, such as the Beretta M12 and the Heckler & Koch MP5 sub-machine gun, a weapon also used by the Italian police. Against possible riots, they are supplied with batons, pepper sprays and tear gas. For the elite-unit Rapid Intervention Group (GIR), members are equipped with the Carbon 15 carbine and Heckler & Koch FABARM FP6 shotguns.

Hard to believe that you supply your own security from god-less heathen gun makers.

You sound an awful like some politicians I know here in Oregon.

He who is without sin, bla bla bla

The Pope uses a guide book which is the Bible, the Bible is very very clear a man has the right and duty to protect his property and family which includes the taking of a life. ( I am paraphrasing ). Many say the Bible says one shall not kill. Which is a wrong translation, the Bible not only justifies killing it expects it to occur and is not only is it expected it is a blessed act. What the Bible says is Murder is not allowed. The translation has always been wrong but if one reads the Bible its clear there is a solid divide between Murder and Killing. The point of adding this, if the Bible is the rule of the Popes doctrine, how can he say a person can not protect themselves by means needed, but the Bible is clear in saying that is is a duty to do so. And has been said, would he only arms his guards with swords and sticks and would they wouldnot kill ? He would justify their act as killing not murder, therefore his own protection is based on the words in the Bible he chooses for you and I to to be exempt from acting upon if using a firearms. What ??o_O

Sounds like a do as I say not as a do kinda guy .

Last edited by a moderator:
The bible also quotes Jesus as saying "the hungry and the poor you will always have among you"... yet the "war on poverty" is his battle cry.

Jesus also said, "if a man is not willing to work, he shouldn't eat".... so much more the welfare system.

They speak of how the bible says to be charitable... Progressive's love that one, but charity is GIVEN, not dictated and jacked from your paycheck BEFORE you even get it.

Dunehopper, the Roman church doctrine says (paraphrased because I'm on my droid)... "The words of the poPe have authority over the Holy Bible and even the words of Christ Jesus"

Dunehopper, the Roman church doctrine says (paraphrased because I'm on my droid)... "The words of the poPe have authority over the Holy Bible and even the words of Christ Jesus"

I did not know that, if so..... then by what authority is it given to him if one can override the Bible which they see as the word of God ?

( edit, my mom was raised a Catholic, I will have to ask her about this to me the Pope is like the president of the church Ive never see him as an authority above Gods word. ) Don't want to violate anyone's right on here or the TOS, so I ask only to define how the Pope can over ride the word God says to follow, yet the Pope can disallow protection when the Bible says its ok which in modern times are a firearm)

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it amusing that the secular, left news media are now suddenly experts in not only Catholicism, but other forms of Christianity as well. I'm not a Catholic, and like so many others I don't worship the Pope. He's just a man, not a deity, with all of the faults, temptations and (dare I say it); sins of all men (and women). Who is he to lecture the world on his view of the way things ought to be? Sure he can have a point of view and is free to express that point, but then so can we. Who's to decide who is correct? We'll all find out some day who's version of religion is the "true" version, if any. Until then it's all an interpretation of those books of the Bible that the various Vatican Councils decided to include and which to throw out.

I've visited the Vatican and found it to be an awesome experience, from a historic and architectural perspective.

United States Constitution
All Rights reserved

Look at the table I posted on the previous page with the names given to the one who is Pope. Also, check this link. The answers are quite easy to find and the Roman church is quite proud to make the claims. http://catholicism.org/apologetics-infallibility.html

Thank you, I read that earlier and well I will keep my thoughts to myself.
But it does explain why he thinks the authority is his alone. I have other questions but they do not apply to to the topic, but millions of people know this and openly support it . Very interesting indeed it something I never looked into being I am not Roman Catholic.

Look at the table I posted on the previous page with the names given to the one who is Pope. Also, check this link. The answers are quite easy to find and the Roman church is quite proud to make the claims. http://catholicism.org/apologetics-infallibility.html

I read the article. Was amused greatly at the author's take on celestial mechanics.

The rest of the article presents the pope as a very dangerous person.

Interesting, in my years on this planet there has been a great deal of condemnation of religions. Seems each denomination has to believe they are the soul righteousness in the way God should be worshiped. Narrow is the way for all of them yet common sense says there can be only one way and it started with Christ for Christians. Ya'll should be happy no one is forced at gunpoint to believe a Christian way or they cut off your head:D.

The Church getting into the politics of gun control seems odd to me. We have had 50 million babies killed and the body parts sold yet not one gun was used in the massacre. It would be better to my mind that the church deals with the soul and leave out the tools used.

Jesus also said, "if a man is not willing to work, he shouldn't eat".... so much more the welfare system.

They speak of how the bible says to be charitable... Progressive's love that one, but charity is GIVEN, not dictated and jacked from your paycheck BEFORE you even get it.
(not attacking you Stomper.. just hoping to give insight on the possible motive of the ideology)

2 Thessalonians 3:10 Paul writing.... Though there were mentions of it in some of the Gospels the direct quote isn't...

Consider this that most people don't know about OT law.

When the farmers would cut their fields they wouldn't cut the edges, corners and they wouldn't stop to pick up any wheat that had fallen from the stalk or bushell while being bound up or moved.

The reference to not working and not eating actually refers to the lazy at heart. There was a system back in OT law that setup it's own "welfare" system. Really was true that there was always enough for anyone who needed (mainly the widows and such).

That's the difference between then and now. Now days it's handed out and the 'relative poor' and 'relative downtrodden' are handed out, not handed up.

In the local area there is a group called "Love I.N.C." (In the Name of Christ) and anyone who gets a hand-up from them is expected to share some sort of a load. It's amazing how many people who really are in need are willing to step up and assist in their capacity.

Sad part is the government doesn't look at what you can do to help, they look at what they can give you without anything in return.

More hand-ups than hand-outs. Want the welfare check, donate your 20 hours a week to a cause. Graffiti cleaning, toilet scrubbing, street sweeping, downtown fountain cleaning etc.

(i think i strayed from my original idea and I apologize)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top